how hard is it to get c&r ffl ???

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by chunk, Mar 23, 2005.

1. chunk

chunk New Member

i am new at this, any help would be cool.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Here is a very concise statement with important links taken from the J&G Sales Website. It should help you get started.

WHAT IS A C&R LICENSE AND HOW DO I GET ONE?

Curio and Relics (C&R’s) are firearms of interest to collectors or firearms over 50 years old (such as Mausers, Mosin Nagants, etc.) An individual may apply for a C&R collector’s license from the BATF. This license allows an individual to purchase and receive C&R eligible firearms shipped directly to their home though mail order, or pick them up, without completing the background checks through an FFL holder. The license is good for three years and has a fee of $30.00. “C&R Eligible” firearms that can be sent directly to C&R collectors, but when ordered by non-licensed individuals, still must be sent to an FFL holder.

We encourage everyone interested to consider obtaining a C&R license.

The following Internet links provide you with the forms needed and explain the simple procedure:
    The information is also available by calling the BATF at 404-417-2750 or 866-662-2750

A C&R license does NOT permit an individual to “deal” in firearms.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

There's a lot to know and understand about the C&R license before applying. I wrote a rather lengthy thread on this topic, and there is quite a lot of follow-up discussion that follows it. Rather than repost it here, I'll just point you to that discussion.

How to get your C&R license (Edit: link is no longer valid)

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to explain it to you.