How is the mast crop in your area?

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Pabooger, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Noticed quite a few acorn clippings while on my atv the other day, last year the acorns mast in this area was basically non existant! Now I have to get out and check out the beech nut situation, turkey season will be here before ya know it!
  2. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Hey Pa,
    The mast down here in VA is fairly good. Last year was really bad because the hurricane Isabel wipped it out in our region.

My yard is full of acorn husks where the tree rats are eating' away...as are my pumpkin crop. tree rats and rabbits love punkins i've learned the hard way.

ISB
  3. rugerman

rugerman New Member

Last year the mast crop here was real bad. This year it would have been really good but after 2 hurricanes most of them have been blown off the trees. I was out in the woods Friday and heard a few falling but there were lots of bad ones on the ground that were blown down. Time will tell how many are left. rugerman
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

It was looking good here until the storm but I had no Idea until today when I saw three deer and a pile of squirels in the FEMA food line :eek: :D ;)
    Ron