1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

How is your economic situation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Jan 26, 2010.

?

How are you doing

Poll closed Jan 31, 2010.
  1. dandy never better

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. could be worse

27 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. could be better

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. sucking fumes

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

are you treading water or is it just dandy
  2. navis128

navis128 New Member

It pretty much sucks right now...but it could be worse...
  3. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Yeah its crazy i tried to get a job at mcdonalds an they requested to see my parents income before hiring me an my parents make to much to work ther an not enough to skate by an oh yeah they said i didnt speak spanish
  4. cakes

cakes New Member

Just dandy. I just tripped over a pile of money when I went to answer the phone.

OK, not quite that dandy, but doing fine.
  5. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Lol i wish i had that lol no but i just payed for gas in quarters an dimes :( my dad wont give me gas money cause its my responsibility just sux cause i cant get a job
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Pretty well now... I don't totally understand why but business is booming and I'm not complaining. :confused:

Since my wife's work is tied almost directly to my employers' success she's doing good as well. :)
  7. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

What is your business ponycar?
  8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

We would be doing GREAT, if all these bills wouldn't keep coming in every month. :eek:

We are OK here. ;)
  9. Nolaphoto1

Nolaphoto1 New Member

I'm employed at a firm that does work for oil and gas clients. As long as Obama is in office, that entire industry is going to see tough times. I can say this...the majors with US Gulf of Mexico assets are selling off more than 70% of their systems. There is plenty of fear in what this administration is capable of doing and since share holders pay the bills, they need to protect those investors. Which is wise since "big oil" is you, me, the little old laying living off of dividends, and just about anyone with a diversified 401K. The proper stimulus package would have included an Obama resignation and a balanced congress. Do that and see how fast the economy turns around.
  10. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

My wife and I are doing fine and nothing to complain about. Even my house here where I live has done well in keeping its value because of the area. I am hoping that Obama does not mess with the capital gains tax on homes so I can retire, sell it off and use the money in another state.
  11. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Pulling my Hair out!
  12. Popeye

Popeye New Member

We're doing okay. Can't complain.
  13. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Just bought a 36yr old, 20ft travel trailer. Roof doesn't leak, furnace works, & my 95' pickup should be able to tow it ok.

Things could be worse..... :rolleyes: I could be a homeless, pennyless alcoholic w/o a travel trailer or any firearms...... :( (He's asleep on the floor in our living room cuz it's 26F)

Yeah..... things could be worse. ;)

SR
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cant complain especially when i see others

could be better but have decent savings and a government pension of just on a grand a month

business is way down from a year ago but it got ok again just before Christmas so i have hopes it will pick up again

sold my car and bike ( ford Cobra and harley FLH ) to finance my business and have not replaced them yet, but not really worried about that, just miss them but i'm way better keeping my little investments than buying stuff i dont really need right now

i got some real good advice from a mates dad a few years ago and its seen me go from real worried to knowing it could be worse
  15. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

We are about to take a dive. The wife is goin to have to quit her job cuz the baby is due in two months and I cant find a damn thing here, or in Georgia, or in Alabama, or in North Carolina, Or Kentucky, or in north Florida. It is bad folks. Those of you who have been able to keep your job life should be good. Those of us lookin, well, There is always a Shelter. I dont find work you folks will be seein my toys on here for sale.