how long does it take .....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Sep 20, 2012.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My mom died in 73. My dad in 93. It would be sad if you ever got over it. You never want to forget where you came from. The pain will lighten with time.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

One thing hard for me to get over, was the loss of my Dad. He had a tractor accident as it crushed him but didnt kill him right off. I was there and tried to keep him conscious till the EMS got there.
    What do you say when you know someone is dieing in your arms but cant do a dang thing about it, other than comfort them. It bothers me to this day, that my words was the last thing he heard here on this earth. He died the last day of 2007. Had a very hard time dealing with that.
  3. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Zane - I know how hard that must hurt, but, as a father I can tell you that if I'm dying then there would be nothing better than to die in the arms of my loving son. You'r Dad must have been very proud of you.

Nighthawk. I can well understand your wanting to go outside and scream. There is nothing worse than losing your child. My daughter was kidnapped when she was 8. It took me 22 years to find her and all that time I never knew for certain if she was dead or alive. I was lucky - she is still alive. 22 years of missed time though, that will never come back. My Mom loved her granddaughter so much and when she passed away she didn't know where her granddaughter was. I kind of figure that maybe my Mom watched over her all those years until I found her.
  4. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

I lost the physical presence of my parents some time ago, but they have been with me spiritually. They are always here and comforting me. Hope you find the same peace.
  5. sting75ray

sting75ray Active Member

This Dec will be 2 years since I lost my Dad and my best friend. I worked side by side with Dad for several years in the oilfield and it hits me hard everyday.
  6. Redhand

Redhand Member

Hillbilly, You never get over your memories. A certain smell,sound,touch or other people will cause those memories to bounce back. Each time they do look at it as a special gift of your loved one reaching out to say don't forget I'm still here and don't forget me.The grief will pass but the memories remain. I am a Christian and firmly believe that my loved ones are on an extended vacation and I most certainly see them again. It is promised according to the will of an Omnipotent GOD. I pray that GOD will confort you in your grief.:):):)
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i think u should talk to your wife have a good cry and hugs it will help to get it out. I still have not gotten over the loss of my mom and dad and that was 25 years ago i think u always miss your loved ones. Zane your dad died in your arms which has to be hard but at least he was not out there by himself.
  8. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

My mom died in '75. She's been gone now, more yrs. than I knew her. But her memory is just as strong, in my heart, as if she was here yesterday. Some things you don't want to get over!
  9. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Hillbilly my father passed in 01 and I miss him especially when im fishing. He loved ot fish and I now belong to a club he would have loved at fish at with me. We werent real close throughout my life until maybe 5 years before he died. I would love just one day of fishing with him again.

My Mom died in 07 and I miss her EVERYDAY!!! I miss the small things like the birthday card that doesnt come anymore the phone calls or just sitting and talking with her. She was one of the kindest woman I have ever met. There isnt a day that goes by that something doesnt remind me of her. They say a man is closer to his mom than father in my case I find that true. They also say a man wants a wife just like his mom. My wife cant cook any where near as good as my mom or do some of the domestic things my mom could but she is as kind if not more kind than my mom. Continue to keep your mom in your heart and one day you will meet her again. I know how you really feel and I myself dont like my mom not being here but they say there is a reason for everything. Maybe my reason is to keep faith and know one day I will see her again. Prayers to you my friend. Talk with her also I know she will hear you.
  10. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

This is an excellent post!! I think in some way to gave each and everyone of us a reality check. Ryans signature says it all. Tomorrow is promised to no one. Its ok to cry, If you feel the need to cry just do it. It shows that you are a true man that can deal with the hardest things in life but you also can respect and feel for the most precious things in life also.
  11. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

thank all of you for your kind words and support

for the last 5 years prior to her death i was at her house every day, sometimes twice and then i would call her at 9 pm to tell her goodnight. she would stand at her kitchen window and wave with a flashlight as we said good night
    now there is no light
  12. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Wise words.
  13. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

There is a light hillbilly! It's that bright one in the night sky that winks at you and your family. She is saying" good night I love you and miss you. Don't worry I'm watching. Sleep sound You are safe"
  14. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

HillBilly, She more than likly is feeling the same way you are. Talk to her.
    It may not be by blood, but she lost a mother also. I'm shure she is hurting just like you are. Talk to her, Begine the healing together.
  15. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

Nicely stated.........It is a hard experience.......