The Firearms Forum banner

How long should I have to wait?

959 views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  cointoss2 
G
#1 ·
BlackGun
*TFF Staff*
(7/2/02 9:42:54 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All How long should I have to wait?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flhunter incouraged me to get my C&R over a year ago. I callede BATF in Florida and they sent my packet out with-in a couple of weeks. This was in the time frame of 911 in New York. Well this past May 20th I sent them a check. It cleard the bank in Dallas Tx with in 7 working day's that's been a month now. I really don't want to bug the fine folks at ATF, so I'll ask the experts who have gone through the waiting period. How long should itt take before I could realistacly look for it to come in?
I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 7/2/02 2:14:23 pm

Bob In St Louis
*TFF Senior Staff*
(7/2/02 10:51:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: How long should I have to wait?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have heard some folks say 3 to 6 months from the time the check is cashed, and others get it within 3 to 4 weeks. It seems to vary depending on the person assigned to the regional units at the BATF processing center. From what I have heard, folks in the northwest (Oregon, Washington) get them rather quickly, but in the midwest and southeast, it is a lot longer.
Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

procrastinator
V.I.P. Member
(7/2/02 10:55:42 am)
Steve, a member of another forum just received his packet of books, etc after 60 days. The license is usually a week or so either before or after that.

Wishing you the best.
The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Tac401
Administrator
(7/2/02 12:17:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: How long should I have to wait?
Get ready to dig deep and often too my friend, once
it starts it's hard to hold back, the C&R bug has bitten
you!
TFF VMBB Email Tac

mauserman454
(7/2/02 1:30:31 pm)
BlackGun, got mine 1st part of January 02, applied the first part of Nov 01. Took about 2 looooong months, you'll probably see a ton of things you want to order between now and time you get it, then they will be out of stock when you get your license. Or is that just my terrible luck???

BlackGun
*TFF Staff*
(7/2/02 1:32:56 pm)
My problem is I have a sweet toth for it all. I want one or two of everything!
I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

Flhunter
V.I.P. Forum Host
(7/2/02 5:22:03 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
bout time!! I'm extremely happy that you have decided to go thru the process. Your world as you know it, is about to change. You're going to have doors open up that will utterly amaze you. I promise!!

BlackGun
*TFF Staff*
(7/2/02 6:35:51 pm)
Thank You Flhunter for leading me in a better direction! I may need to lean on you again for advise. Like mentioned above, someone stated that I can send a copy of my C&R out and get listings of sales available to me. I will need help in the future finding the in's and out's of this process.
Thanks again

quote from Flhunter! from another post

Your entire house will smell like cosmo before long. Let me know if you need a list of C&R dealers to send your c&r off to. Remember DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINAL and when you do send it off, write on the c&r copy for the company to add you to their mailing list

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 7/4/02 7:11:49 pm

Flhunter
V.I.P. Forum Host
(7/3/02 3:31:24 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
When ever you have a question, ask away.

Dang, where did that post come from? It must of been awhile ago.

Good luck with the c&r. The best advice I can give you right now is to start looking for what you want to purchase and who has it at the best price and quality. Part of the fun is the hunt, which is only the begining.

mckheean
(7/9/02 3:38:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del C&R FFL
I just received my C&R in March and have enjoyed the freedom of ordering firearms direct to me.Also I am new to this forum. Thanks Benny.

Bob In St Louis
*TFF Senior Staff*
(7/9/02 3:44:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: C&R FFL
Welcome Benny! Lots of good discussions around here, jump on in!
Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.