The Firearms Forum banner

How long to process a C & R application

2K views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  cointoss2 
G
#1 ·
mausermania
(4/10/02 2:33:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All How long to process a C & R application
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My application for a C & R license arrived 22 Jan 2002. I have e-mailed ,and called the National Licensing Center in Atlanta,and the one e-mail I got back said it is still being processed. That was two weeks ago. When I made some phone calls,which is a waste of time, I got to speak to a live voice ,once (the operator). I NEVER got to speak to the woman in charge of my state(Maryland).All I got was those DAMN MACHINES!!! Do any of y'all have any ideas to speed them up??

polishshooter
*TFF Senior Staff*
(4/10/02 3:50:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: How long to process a C & R application
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No. And the only thing you can do is keep calling, but do NOT piss them off...

Atlanta is a "black hole," I've dealt with them both privately with my CRFFL, and professionally with my last company over it's FFL and renewals...they march to their own drummer at their own cadence.

I AM surprised they won't let you talk to the person in charge of your state, I was on a first name basis with mine, but it didn't do any good. Every call I got a new and improved excuse, all BS, from "Everybody that does backgrounds got laid off" to "New part-timers are still under training..."

I got my CRFFL exactly 13 weeks after they received the app.

Other offices get it done in about 30 days, I've been told.
"Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(4/10/02 5:04:07 pm)
I waited 3 months and it was finally returned to me unopened. It had a zillion stamps on it and one of them was even from Atlanta!

I am debating whether to send it to them again or just forget the whole thin.

polishshooter
*TFF Senior Staff*
(4/10/02 10:10:34 pm)
I'd resend it "return reciept".

And call them and ask why, MAYBE they will give you special treatment, but don't hold your breath, Jason.
"Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

gun runner john
*TFF Staff*
(4/11/02 7:31:34 am)
I just renewed my C&R, took about 6 weeks, and I didn't call anyone. The renewals are just about like a new application now, same two page form. The last time I renewed, they just wanted the $30, I didn't have to answer all the questions.

As to the question if it's worth it, HELL YES! I've bought over 100 guns on the C&R, that's about $2500 that I would have spent for having an FFL transfer the guns, and I'd have also had to shag out and pick every one of them up, not to mention make sure the FFL copy was sent and follow up, etc. Contrast that to taking a copy of the license and signing it, and waiting for the gun to show up in my mailbox!

gamehunter3
(4/11/02 5:09:41 pm)
I SENT MINE IN ON FEB. 7, 02 AND I GOT IT BACK APRIL 4, 02
I WAS REALLY SURPRIZED I GOT IT THAT QUICK. I'VE HEARD STORIES THAT SOME PEOPLE WAIT UP TO A YEAR.

JERRY IN FLORIDA MID 80'S AND SUNNY

polishshooter
*TFF Senior Staff*
(4/11/02 10:28:32 pm)
Jerry, where did your's go to, Atlanta, or someplace else? If it was Atlanta, that has to be a record....

I've heard Dallas, I think it was, is pretty fast, like thirty days...but NOBODY I've heard yet got out of Atlanta that fast....

mausermania
(4/12/02 7:52:12 pm)
Thanks for the feedback,guys! I figure in the beginning that it
would take 4-5 weeks. Boy,was I wrong. Ya ever notice that when YOU owe the Feds money,they are all over ya wantin' their greenbacks? Well, I propose a NEW way to get OUR licenses and renewals "FAST". Instead of us payin' up front,and WAITIN',and waitin', ZZzzzzz! We fill out the paperwork and send it in WITHOUT the MONEY,and tell them ONCE I got MY LICENSE, YOU guys get yer money! Do ya think it would speed it up ANY? Geez, I'm sorry guys, I fergot
that we're talkin' 'bout GOVERNMENT WORKERS!

Jr1259
(4/13/02 9:18:48 pm)
I applied for my C&R on 12/01. I was just told 2 days ago by the inspectors that interviewed me that it was going to be another 4 to 6 weeks until I receive the C&R. I live in NY and have a pistol permit. This does not seem to help. As I posted on another forum "Now I'm thinking it's because I live in NY & and they now have a good reason for being lazy with the applications (9/11)." This is very frustrating.
C&R, where are you?

Jr.

Tac401
Administrator
(4/13/02 10:49:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: How long to process a C & R application
Welcome Aboard Jr1259!

Hang in there, you'll get it!
TFF VMBB Email Tac

mausermania
(5/8/02 6:55:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del How long to process a C & R application
Hey guys,

I STILL haven't got my C & R YET!! I did get a reply to my e-mail though,today. While I am in the system,the ATF LOST,yes thats right,LOST my application. I'll bet they got the money order though! The gist of it was that I could do ANOTHER application,and wait for snail mail,back and forth. Fortunately,I made a copy of my application and money order. My reply to them was,"if I fax this copy to you,will this be sufficient? Then I asked for the fax number. I hope to get a reply in a couple days or so. I let ya'all know what happens.

Jr1259
(5/15/02 8:57:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del C&R
Well, my C&R arrived on 5/14/02. It has been a long wait but worth it. During the 4 1/2 month period of waiting for the C&R I purchase numerious guns so I'm a little slow to make a new purchase. LOL, but don't worry I will.

Jr.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.