How long will it be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian98579, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Brian98579

Brian98579 New Member

How long will it be before the same attitudes that infected the other forum take over here?

I signed up for the other forum March 03, and here last spring. I posted very little, but read every day. I've only posted here a couple of times. I will continue to read both, and intend to post more. I have a few things to say, and the thought of being ridiculed and called names no longer carries the intimidation factor it once did.

From what I've seen the folks here are welcoming and friendly, but already there are complaints of the forum being boring and not being brand x.

Is there a desire on the part of the recent migrants to remake this board in someone else's image? Bring on the name-calling and back-biting. I wish the moderators here luck in keeping order.
  2. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

it looks as if it's already started. But Brian, It doesn't have to be that way. The Older Members(like you) really do set the tone.

Ben
  3. Mr. Blasty

Mr. Blasty New Member

It took me a little while to get used to the harsher GB environment, but after a little while the nasty comments roll of your back. Who really cares what some anonymuos jackass says or thinks about you. Once you get past that it is loads of fun.
  4. gagirl

gagirl New Member

I never saw any back stabbing on GB. I was in the archery area and found help from the guys in there VERY useful. They welcomed me in with open arms, as did the people here.

I do not understand the back and forth of which is better. Do I miss GB? sure I do... but I also missed AM when the stations switched over to FM. What I mean is this... everyone has their own comfort zone. I have seen snotty responses from people here when the GB people came over but I have seen 10xs as many welcoming the GB people.

Some of us GB people will be short termers and some will be long termers, what does it really matter? We all have at least something in common that is why we are here in the first place.
  5. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

you guys are reading too far into this, its a message board.. im sure GB will be back up and the contamination will stay over there..
  6. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Trust me the Admin at TFF will not put up with some of the crap that goes on over there!!!
  7. Winchester73

Winchester73 New Member

Obviously they do :D
  8. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

we shall see! :eek:
  9. gbeggrow

gbeggrow New Member

I've not spent enough time here yet to make a full determination. To be honest I really don't care what one is best. I have a love and interest in firearms and their history and places like TFF and GB have some serious educational value for my curiosity. I've learned quite a lot in the time I've spent on GB and I hope to learn more here on TFF. I'll spend time on both and I'm glad fishermanDUDE pointed me in this direction as TWO places to go is better than ONE in my opinion. I'll say this though.....no matter where you go in life, work, church, college, the mall, a party.....heck anyplace, you'll soon learn that there's an A-hole in every crowd. They're EVERYWHERE! When I was a younger fella I used to let people get to me and worried too much about what others thought....now days I could care less. Lifes too short to worry about stuff like that (especially on a forum). I'm just glad as heck to have both places now. The more the better! ;)
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  10. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I would not take that to the bank! ;)
  11. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Name calling and back biting will not be tolerated in any form on this forum.

Rest assured that should it begin, it will be short lived. This is a family site and congeniality is foremost along with our interest in firearms and the related Constitutional issues we are trying to guard.

I would reiterate IPT in that I wouldn't take our being lenient in this area to any bank. You will end up a very poor person.....
  12. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

13. punchie

punchie Member

I post on both boards and am glad that the moderators and admin keep a tight rein here. I have noticed with the recent influx that admin has given the benefit of the doubt to some posts but I feel sure the prople were told (either by PM or e-mail) about the rules. I have descibed TFF as a kinder more gentle place and it is and hope it will remain that way.

Each site has a great many members who are there to offer suuport, advise, or just offer a prayer to those in need. All of the public forums have their own share of "weird uncles" but that is what makes up the family of members.
  14. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Who you callin weird????? :eek: ;)
  15. Fep1990

Fep1990 New Member

Hey Pabooger..... How come yer icon doesn't tap his foot anymore....or is it my 'puter that freezes him? My kids love the animated icon ( so do I ).

I think when some of the folks from Brand X get a little too comfortable and step over the line, they will get the Permanent POOF from the Mods/Admin here. I have also noticed that over the last year or so, about the time of the first major revolt over to this great forum theat the overal attitude of the forum had changed.

I look forward to coming over here at TFF each day and reading the posts, learning things, and not having to wade through the bickering and ect. as we do on the other.
  16. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

He's tapping his foot here, are you by any chance running a web accelerator? If the settings are high it reduces some of the graphics.
  17. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

We do run a very tight ship here at TFF after all, this is a family board. Always think before you post and things will run smooth. We have no use for troublemakers and they are shown the door.

We try to have something of interest for all gunowners so the General Discussion forum is just a little icing on the cake. Enjoy the different forums and keep it civil and things will be good at TFF. :)
  18. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yup, Pa's foot be a tappin, but he dun got his shorts on backwards! Hey Pa, y'all been in the brylcreem agin? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  19. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Yeah ya oughta try it A Little Dab will Doo Ya!! :D
  20. drobs

drobs New Member

I noticed that there are no clown faced smilies in the icon list.
    Wonder how Pa made it so long over here without them?