How many guns are in your CCW "remuda"?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by bestseller92, Jan 18, 2010.

1. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

I use quite a few guns from time to time for CCW.

The ones that I use most often are a Glock 26 and a Taurus 85CH .38. After that comes a Glock 22 and a Ruger 3" Sp101.

But from time to time I also (for things like walking the dog, etc.) might choose to carry a Ruger P97 or P95, a Bersa Thunder .380, a Davis O/U .32 ACP caliber derringer, or even a 4" Ruger Gp100 or Springfield 1911A1.

So, I guess, all told, there are ten guns currently in my CCW "remuda".

How many guns are in yours?
  2. questor

questor New Member

G-26 the majority of the time, BUT in the heat of the summer: Kel/Tec P3AT
  3. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My new Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II (as soon as I find a good concealed holster for it) and a Bersa Thunder .380 in a SuperTuck holster.
  4. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

How's the quality/reliability on the Kel Tec? I'm thinking of getting a P32.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Right now it's my Taurus 85 100% of the time. I plan to have a Kel-tec, Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP, or SIG P238 by early May, though, and that (whichever I settle on) will likely become my carry choice 90% or more of the time.
  6. questor

questor New Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  7. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Three revolvers.

A S&W Model 60
    A S&W Model 66
    A Ruger Speed-Six
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

i would carry my RIA. i would not be hurting anyone carrying under my coat. i figure it's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. i would open carry, but i'd rather just not cause a public ruckuss because there are alot of hardcore liberals here where i live. i've actually HAD times where I would have drawn my gun if i was of legal age to own it. i was only 18 or 19 when this happened - but down by the kohl center at my buddy's apartment. i was leaving at about 11pm. not trying to be a racist here, but there were four black men dressed like gangsters asking me for bus money. i told one guy i don't have any money and all three came over like i was going to get jumped. i probably would have drawn and fired a warning shot if i had had a gun. i'm thinking about maybe getting a Glock 26 or possibly a small Walther for just this purpose because a full size 1911 is a bit uncomfortable in my opinion. what harm can it do? I bet in the next few years, conceal carry will be legalised here anyway.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  9. GoodOl'12gauge

GoodOl'12gauge New Member

Colt series 80 90% of the time, But my New glock 19 is starting to see some carry and i still carry my Colt SAA with 3 1/4 inch barrel from time to time.
  10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

So what happened with the 4 black guys? Seems like you were better off not to have had a gun if you are of the mind set that you need to draw on some one and fire a warning shot. Those 3 would have been justified in returning fire if they had firearms and they would have been in the right. Even if they were unarmed you could have went to jail for such a callous action . Having a CCW is a big responsibility and the thoughts you have shared with us here are irresponsible. Not to be jumping on you over this but you really need to do some research on the responsibilities and legal requirements to having a weapon with you.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  11. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

At the moment its just a G26... Im debating right now on a Glock 19.. (which Ill probably end up with:p) and will probably add a Kahr (either a P9 or PM9)
  12. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

Agreed jacksonco....
  13. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    depends on the conditions,if im wearing a jacket its my 1911 45acp in a clip on small of the back holster,if am fishing i carry a model 85 taurus in stainless steel.ist two rounds are cci shot shells for snakes in 38 caliber,the next three are hand loads golden sabre hps in plus p plus.if im wearing shorts or sweats i have a north american arms mini revolver in 22mag.i have others but these are my (go to)pistols. old semperfi
  14. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Right now (it changes)

.45 ACP 1911 Colt Defender 3" barrel with 165gr +P Corbon Glasser Pow'rball

.45 ACP 1911 Colt Combat Elite 5" barrel with Hornady TAP 230gr +P JHP

.357 Mag model 19-4 Smith and Wesson 2.5" barrel with Speer Dot Dot 135gr. Short Barrel ammo
  15. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I usually carry at least my NAA mini mag. but usually have a colt cobra or alloy five shot with it. If wearing a sport coat I like my 1911 in a pancake holster, and j frame in a pocket holster.