How many per year?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Donny Henry
    (3/20/02 2:22:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All How many per year?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've only been reloading several months, and I'm wondering how many rounds you guys build a year, different calibers ect.

Also this may be a touchy subject for whatever reason, but do you stock pile ammo intentially or otherwise. Is there a legal amount of ammo one can have in his household?

Just for kicks...heres what I've done.

Reloads/Handloads From 2002~
    (Quanity)
    .45~(Bullet)230Gr TMJ-RN-(Pwdr)Bullseye 5.2 Gr(Brass)Mix(Prim)Win ...........100
    .40S&W 155gr lead-RN (Pwdr)Bullseye 5.4 Gr...........................................100
    .45~(Bullet)230Gr L RN (pdr)Bullseye-Light load 4.2Gr.................................50
    .45~(Bullet)230Gr HP/XTP using 5.2Gr Bullseye..........................................50

.45~Bullet 230Gr HP/XTP 5.1 GR Bullseye..................................................40

.40S&W 155gr lead-RN (Pwdr)Bullseye 5.4 Gr...........................................100
    .40S&W 155Gr Lead-RN~ Bullseye 5.1 Gr..................................................50

26-06 Testing different grain amounts(3031)mix brass................................20
    Still Testing (4850)..............................................................................30
    Tested 6 sets of five including 4850 and 3031...........................................30
    25-06...3031......................................................................................10
    ~-~Courage is not the lack of fear...
    but the presence of faith.~-~

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/20/02 3:10:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: How many per year?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last year, just looked in the puter and found the following.
    357 1950 rnds
    45 2500 rnds
    9mm 2450 rnds

Guess I'd better get busy as I only have 300rnds on hand

SW Man
    (3/20/02 3:57:53 pm)
    Let's see, Last year 38 spl 10500, 357 mag 3000, 9mm 8000, 45 AutoRim 2500, 45 ACP 600, 38 S&W 750, 38 Long COlt 300, 308 WIN 3100, .30-06 1100, 7.62x39 2800, 223 Rem 800. and that does not include what I have bought or had left over. My inventory currently in in ths high 5 digits. I stock up for target, hunting and the times when I can't make the time to reload.
    The second admendment GUARANTEES the Constitution and the other nine.

nevada paul
    (3/20/02 5:44:17 pm)
    I don't know of any federal regulation on the amount of ammo you can store in a household (there may be local laws that apply). there is a limit of 10,000 primers in household storage, however. As far as I know, there is no similar limit on powder.

When active in target sports, I averaged 10,000 to 12,000 rounds per year. Now I only hunt and plink, numbers are down to less than 1000 most years.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/20/02 9:05:03 pm)
    Up to 8,000 a year when I shot competition. Now practically nothing as I have more than 30,000 loaded. By volume that is about 2 cubic yards mostly in 50 cal ammo cans.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/20/02 10:23:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del How many per year
    9mm - 5k to 8k
    38spec - 12k +
    357mag - 15k last year was a tough year for me, took a few pictures of my boss and went to the range. Very relaxed at the end of the day.
    45acp - 5k
    50AE - 250 so far this year, got it last month
    30\30 - 5k
    45/70 - 2500

I generaly try to have on hand at least 2000rds loaded for each handgun and at least 500rds for each rifle.

loader44.

Donny Henry
    (3/20/02 10:41:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: How many per year
    My Lord...I'll never keep up with you guys with my little single stage, I'm having fun though.
    ~-~Courage is not the lack of fear...
    but the presence of faith.~-~

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/21/02 12:23:05 am)
    90% of what I have loaded was done on a single stage press. It justs takes time.
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

SW Man
    (3/21/02 10:30:50 am)
    It can be done on a single stage. I had a chance to load about 5k in 9mm on a Dillon 650 last year, but everything else I loaded was on my single stage.

Never heard of the primer limit. Would that apply only to primers not put in cases yet or ANY primer? That could concieveble limit the ammo you could keep.
    The second admendment GUARANTEES the Constitution and the other nine.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/21/02 11:26:53 am)
    Only primers not in cases.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/22/02 12:52:25 am)
    same ~10,000 .45acp / yr when shooting IPSC.

~3-4000 'other'

~dozen firearms, at least 200rds on hand for each (watch for me on the evening news! ), can take anything out of the safe and to the range, without running myself 'dry' on ammo.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/22/02 1:28:23 am)
    A dozen guns with 200 rds for each.
    How could you nor run out. I've shot more than that in one day just practicing with a single shot handgun many times and it was not at all uncommon to shoot up a thousand rds a just having fun. The last time I went shooting my nephew and I used up more than $500 worth of ammo in 3 hours. We had a lot of fun and that part of the desert will never be the same. We quit because of the heat not for the lack of ammo.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/22/02 2:46:43 am)
    I have ranges close to both my houses - n. L.A. cty, and on the Kern River in the Sequoias.
    I go out for a short while with 1-2-3 guns, couple hundred rounds, every couple of weeks, year 'round - it's enough.

(and I said at least 200 )

jonkx
    (3/30/02 1:21:38 am)
    Well, I can't say how many per year, but I've been reloading two years now and have used about a box and a half of large rifle primers and about half a box of small pistol primers. But then again, the calibers I shoot most are surplus berdan primed stuff, so the reloads only represent perhaps a quarter of all rounds fired.