How much are these worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ILUVHANDGUNS954, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILUVHANDGUNS954

ILUVHANDGUNS954 New Member

Hello, i recently turned 21. My father gave me these guns as a birthday present. Im just curious whether these guns are in good shape or not. And if so, how mu h are they worth.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Birthday presents. Are they any good and what are they worth?
  3. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Count your blessings. Those are part of the family, and should be loved and appreciated! I blessed my daughter with my Marlin 22 mag rifle for her 16th birthday. It means as much to her as it does to me.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

you're Dad gave them to u why didn't u ask your dad personally i would not care about what they are worth since my dad gave them to me
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Your Dad is a heck of a guy....
  6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Those are some nice guns. I had a .22 rifle like that one. I don't know who made it but it was sold through J.C. Penny.
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If your pappy gave them to you, I would not worry about the value. IMO, they are priceless and that is all that counts.
  8. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

He should of given you tuition for a photography class.
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just hope you never sell them.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Now that y'all have slapped him down -

You got a JC Higgins 22 rifle. Made by High Standard and sold by Sears. Good gun.

You either got a Browning Auto 5, or the the Remington made when John Moses got perturbed with FN. Either way, an excellent shotgun, although the Browning would be worth more.

Looks like a 4" nickel Model 19 S&W 357. Best lightweight 357 ever made.

That stainless N frame with the 6" barrel is impossible (for me, anyway) to identify, 'cause of the crappy cell-phone pictures. But a 6" N frame is not to be sneezed at.

T'other one is a Taurus copy of a Beretta 92. Piece of junk, in my opinion, although lots of people seem to like 'em.

So you got three great guns, a good gun and a piece of - I'll leave it at "piece of junk". You did pretty good.
  11. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I'd like y'all to all think about something (he said, hijacking merrily away at the thread).

Let's suppose my mother collected paintings of kids with big sad eyes.

[​IMG]

When she died I inherited 30 of 'em. They are ugly. I have no need for them. I have no desire for them. They creep me out. But some people like 'em. Some people will pay big money for 'em. So I plan to sell them, and use the money I get for them for something good, like a new gun.

So I go to a painting board and post a couple of pictures, and say, "I just inherited these things. Are they worth anything?"

Should I get 7 or 8 angry responses, saying, "They belonged to your mother. They are priceless. You are scum for wanting to sell them"? No, I should not get those types of responses, but I probably would.

How about this? Mama collected State Quarters. Should I keep them forever, because they meant something to her? That's idiotic. They are quarters.

And so it is with guns. Now, if I inherited Grandpa's Single Action Army that he used when he was Wyatt Earp's deputy, in Tombstone, then yeah, that's a family heirloom, that's neat as hell, keep that. But how about if I inherit the SKS Grandpa bought two weeks before he stepped in front of that bus? He never even shot it. I got no use for an SKS. So I come on here and say, "Hey, I've got this Yugo SKS with a folding bayonet and a grenade launcher. What's it worth?" Y'all gonna give me crap because, "That was your grandfather's. You need to keep it, it's priceless"?

A few weeks ago I found my grandfather's watch. Least I think it was his. Never saw Daddy wear it, and it had a jewelry store receipt from California, and Grandpa lived and died there. So I guess it was his. Should I ask about it on this board? I hang out here, people know me. But it just seems to make more sense to go to a watch forum to ask about a Hamilton wristwatch. And you know, when I asked what it was worth, nobody gave me any grief about "How can you think about the monetary value of your Grandfather's watch, you lowlife?". They just gave me a value.
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

you are right guess it was just taken the wrong way 954 if u thought i was jumping down your throat i was not my parents died 25 years ago and i still have things of theirs i just can't get rid of, sorry.
  13. ILUVHANDGUNS954

ILUVHANDGUNS954 New Member

i diddnt say i was going to sell them. i plan on keeping them and handing them down to my kids. even though i cant shoot with my dad. due to felony charges. im going to make sure i get to shoot with my kids. to the one person that helped me. thanks alot man, i was just curious what there worth. the shotgun is a browning by the way. it was made in belgium. and the stainless 6inch is a S&W 357.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

what are the rifles?
  15. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Does that Browning have a Polychoke?