1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

How much are these worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ILUVHANDGUNS954, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILUVHANDGUNS954

ILUVHANDGUNS954 New Member

Hello, i recently turned 21. My father gave me these guns as a birthday present. Im just curious whether these guns are in good shape or not. And if so, how mu h are they worth.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Birthday presents. Are they any good and what are they worth?
  3. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Count your blessings. Those are part of the family, and should be loved and appreciated! I blessed my daughter with my Marlin 22 mag rifle for her 16th birthday. It means as much to her as it does to me.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

you're Dad gave them to u why didn't u ask your dad personally i would not care about what they are worth since my dad gave them to me
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Your Dad is a heck of a guy....
  6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Those are some nice guns. I had a .22 rifle like that one. I don't know who made it but it was sold through J.C. Penny.
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If your pappy gave them to you, I would not worry about the value. IMO, they are priceless and that is all that counts.
  8. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

He should of given you tuition for a photography class.
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just hope you never sell them.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Now that y'all have slapped him down -

You got a JC Higgins 22 rifle. Made by High Standard and sold by Sears. Good gun.

You either got a Browning Auto 5, or the the Remington made when John Moses got perturbed with FN. Either way, an excellent shotgun, although the Browning would be worth more.

Looks like a 4" nickel Model 19 S&W 357. Best lightweight 357 ever made.

That stainless N frame with the 6" barrel is impossible (for me, anyway) to identify, 'cause of the crappy cell-phone pictures. But a 6" N frame is not to be sneezed at.

T'other one is a Taurus copy of a Beretta 92. Piece of junk, in my opinion, although lots of people seem to like 'em.

So you got three great guns, a good gun and a piece of - I'll leave it at "piece of junk". You did pretty good.
  11. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I'd like y'all to all think about something (he said, hijacking merrily away at the thread).

Let's suppose my mother collected paintings of kids with big sad eyes.

[​IMG]

When she died I inherited 30 of 'em. They are ugly. I have no need for them. I have no desire for them. They creep me out. But some people like 'em. Some people will pay big money for 'em. So I plan to sell them, and use the money I get for them for something good, like a new gun.

So I go to a painting board and post a couple of pictures, and say, "I just inherited these things. Are they worth anything?"

Should I get 7 or 8 angry responses, saying, "They belonged to your mother. They are priceless. You are scum for wanting to sell them"? No, I should not get those types of responses, but I probably would.

How about this? Mama collected State Quarters. Should I keep them forever, because they meant something to her? That's idiotic. They are quarters.

And so it is with guns. Now, if I inherited Grandpa's Single Action Army that he used when he was Wyatt Earp's deputy, in Tombstone, then yeah, that's a family heirloom, that's neat as hell, keep that. But how about if I inherit the SKS Grandpa bought two weeks before he stepped in front of that bus? He never even shot it. I got no use for an SKS. So I come on here and say, "Hey, I've got this Yugo SKS with a folding bayonet and a grenade launcher. What's it worth?" Y'all gonna give me crap because, "That was your grandfather's. You need to keep it, it's priceless"?

A few weeks ago I found my grandfather's watch. Least I think it was his. Never saw Daddy wear it, and it had a jewelry store receipt from California, and Grandpa lived and died there. So I guess it was his. Should I ask about it on this board? I hang out here, people know me. But it just seems to make more sense to go to a watch forum to ask about a Hamilton wristwatch. And you know, when I asked what it was worth, nobody gave me any grief about "How can you think about the monetary value of your Grandfather's watch, you lowlife?". They just gave me a value.
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

you are right guess it was just taken the wrong way 954 if u thought i was jumping down your throat i was not my parents died 25 years ago and i still have things of theirs i just can't get rid of, sorry.
  13. ILUVHANDGUNS954

ILUVHANDGUNS954 New Member

i diddnt say i was going to sell them. i plan on keeping them and handing them down to my kids. even though i cant shoot with my dad. due to felony charges. im going to make sure i get to shoot with my kids. to the one person that helped me. thanks alot man, i was just curious what there worth. the shotgun is a browning by the way. it was made in belgium. and the stainless 6inch is a S&W 357.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

what are the rifles?
  15. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Does that Browning have a Polychoke?