1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

How much bullseye powder?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by chubcobear, Feb 9, 2009.

1. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

If I have 158 gr (.358) Berry SWC lead bullets, CCI primers, and good used WW cases, how much bullseye for a medium .357 mag load (not hot)? (For my daughter's .357 for target, etc.) I don't have a book out here in Northern California. I will get one soon. Thanks, Tom C. Bear
  2. oneounceload

oneounceload New Member

If you go to Alliant Powder's home page, you can get load data - per Berry's FAQ, do not exceed 1200 fps; they recommend using the beginning jacketed load data and working up slowly from there
  3. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

Thanks, One Oz., but Alliant shows 4 powders for that bullet and none of them are bullseye. Perhaps bullseye is not such a good powder for .357 mag LSWC?
    At least, Alliant doesn't list it. Bear
  4. justdoit

justdoit New Member

hi, are these bullets lead or plated? from what i read i take it their lead.
  5. NuJudge

NuJudge New Member

I'm using 3.5gr of Bullseye with 158gr SWC bullets in various .38 Special cases, also in a .357 revolver. I think I shoot it better than wadcutters.

CDD
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

A good mid-range load would be from 3.0 grains to 3.8 grains of Bullseye with a 158 grain lead bullet. I use Berry's plated 158grain HP bullet in both .38 and .357.
  7. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

4.0 of Bullseye with a 158 gr. SWC lead bullet is a good load for use in .357 revolvers. Not too hot (at all) but more than the wadcutter target loads. A good "halfway" load for practice.
  8. army mp

army mp Member

I have tested several of these loads and found them to be Good, He tells you to start out 10% below listed load to start, http://www.reloadammo.com/
  9. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

Thank you gents, I appreciate it. T. Bear