1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

How much for a box of shells?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Jake, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jake

Jake Member

I was wondering how much you shotgun shell reloaders are loading a box of shells for. I am using noblesport primers, claybuster wads, aa hulls, 17.5 grains of red dot and 3/4 once of homemade lead shot in a 12 gauge and loading for $1.59 a box. My shot maker is homemade from a cast iron skillet and only one dripper. It's slow but it works quite well. Anyway was just curious on the cost.
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/rlcalcadv.htm

I use this calculator.

Mine comes up to $3.59 a box with the shot cost approaching $2 a box for 1 1/8 oz loads so we are close on the other components. My hull costs are 0 as I pick them up at the range.