How much is powder?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

ldsteff
    (5/1/02 8:51:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All How much is powder?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here in the Cincinnati area the average powder 3031 etc is going for $16.00/lb where are you and how much is your powder..I understant there is a great fluctuation in pricing ,this could bwe interesting

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/1/02 9:02:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: How much is powder?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On average 20 bucks a pound around here, N.E. Texas
    ~-~I'm your huckleberry.~-~

The Wile E Coyote
    (5/1/02 11:09:20 pm)
    Here in central Washington... average price is about $16.50-17.00 unless I can get lucky and find a good sale... but that doesn't happen very often....

Coyote

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/1/02 11:10:10 pm)
    $18.50 at the local gun stores in the Phoenix area.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/1/02 11:35:15 pm)
    $17.95 / lb in north Los Angeles, late last year.

Rich

skratch
    (5/1/02 11:48:07 pm)
    $17.00 to $19.00, tax included, here in S/W Missouri...

Scooter
    (5/2/02 9:40:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Powder Price
    Here in Central Iowa, we only have a couple of choices if we want "walk-in" service.

On average it goes for around $18.00/lb.

Sounds like we getting treated pretty well.

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/2/02 6:13:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Powder Price
    Where i live, it runs from about 20 - 25 per pound, unless you are willing to go to " Wallyworld " about 16 per pound, and they will only let you buy " ONE POUND AT A TIME ". I order mine through the internet. Better prices and it comes to my door.

loader44.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/2/02 6:34:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Powder Price
    Local gunshop here in the North woods want about $22 a pound. Go 50 miles and the price drops about $7. He's real high on his primers too, go 50 miles again and primers are only $1.95 per 100. OK, Scooter...I'll take 2K of them. Heh heh!

I would like to order those items that come to your door but its not much of a bargain after they add on the special handling rip off.

GG

Edited by: AGunguy at: 6/28/02 3:20:10 pm

Scooter
    (5/3/02 9:26:50 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Primers
    Hey Gunguy......

I'd like to sell you some primers. I'll even cut the price you're currently paying by 50%!

Scooter

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/3/02 10:12:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Primers
    there are several places where you can get milsurp powder for less than $10/lb but like GunGuy said the HazMat fee cuts into the bargain unless you buy a large quantity, but if you buy a case several places will pay the shipping and HazMat

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/24/02 4:02:37 pm)
    I pay 20 to 25 a pound. Someone please tell me where I can buy it on the net and have itr delivered to my door!I have to drive 100 miles to buy powder in any direction. (round trip)
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

Moskovskyya
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/24/02 4:41:03 pm)
    Do any of you guys buy from Jeff Bartlett at
    www.gibrass.com ? Several of the guys within driving distance of here bought 48lbs, (6) 8# jugs of assorted new and surplus powders, mixed and matched, hazmat paid by Jeff, it averaged about $8 a pound. We split it up when it arrived. Every one has plenty of cheap powder. I've tested several of the surplus powders against new commercial, and can find no appreciable difference.

If you're close to Owensboro KY, you can pick it up, call him, or internet order right to your door.

a81492
    (6/24/02 11:57:04 pm)
    Always had great service here:

Powder Valley Services
    Box 100
    Dexter, Ks 67038

(316) 876-4518 info

email: kradcliff@sktc.net

Not quite as inexpensive as GIbrass.com

best,
    joey

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/25/02 3:33:26 pm)
    Big Sky Surplus has powder with loading data 28# for $249 plus shipping and haz-mat.

bigskysurplus.com/Default.htm
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/28/02 1:31:10 am)
    IMR powders, $19-20, here in Kalifornia

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/28/02 8:59:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: How much is powder?
    $13.00 for blue dot

"I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/2/02 9:46:07 am)
    Dang them prices sure do fluxiuate!
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/02 10:01:01 pm)
    17.00 for a pound of Varget here in central Indiana. Universal Clays about 53.00 for 4 pounds.