How my simple phone call ended up being outsourced to New Delhi. A funny story.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remington597, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. When I purchased the vehicle it was financed through Mitsubishi Credit, I get a letter in the mail saying that it has been purchased by Household Auto Finance and I get an enrollment certificate in the mail that says I can sign up for ACH debit to have my payment taken out of my checking account electronically , so I don't have to write a check. I am thinking , swell, Thats $4.44 in stamps every year and I can buy a cheap box of ammo with it or a nice value meal at Wendy's, Great!!!.
    So it says to have a copy of my check ready and the account number and bank routing numbe, etc. So I get this thing in the mail when I get home at 7pm, it says they are open until 8pm, so I call them at about 7:15pm. I get someone with a thick Indian accent answer the phone after I go through voicemail hell to get to customer service. The conversation goes like this.

1. thick indian female accent "Hello, Household Customer Service, May I help you?"

Rem597: "Yes, hi, I received an enrollment form for automatic debit for my car payment. I 'd like to sign up.

2. thick indian female accent. "Yes, may I help you sir?"

Rem597. "YES!!!, I received an enrollment form for automatic debit for my car payment to come out of my checking account. I'd like to sign up !!!"

3. thick indian female accent. "Yes, I can take your payment over the phone sir, what is your account number"

Rem597:
    " I already made my August payment, I would like to have my September payment come out of my account electronically, and every payment after that, FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT!"

4. thick indian female accent.
    " Yes, I can check your account, Yes sir, you are due for your September payment, would you like for me to take your September payment over the phone sir?"

Rem597." Can I be transfered to a representative in the United States Please?"

5. "Yes ser, they are not availalbe, you have to call back to United STATE in the morning ser, yes!?!?, thank you for calling Household Finance Ser, Goodbye ser!!"

Rem597. CLICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think I'll pay the $4.44 in stamps every year, well worth it not to talk to Habib Patels wife ever again. I give up.
    this is what outsourcing is all about.

After I got off the phone I thought, I was ready to give someone in India by bank account nubmer. Thats real smart Brian, use your head. Can someone say IDENTITY FRAUD!!!!!!, DRAIN YOUR ACCOUNT FRAUD!!!!!.
    Post office, here I come.
    Gpostal:
    I want more stamps, and I'll even pay extra for the Elvis stamps!!!!

www.stoptheftaa.org
  2. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

I know Habib Patel, he runs the convienence store down the road. Sells good cold beer. Don :D
  3. Remington597

Yes, but would you give him your bank account number and routing number and have your beer payments come out of your checking account? :p
  4. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

I trade hot peppers for the beer. Don :D
  5. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok New Member

I wonder how Habib would feel about you talking to his wife anyway. You sure that wasn't a 900 number Remmy?? :D
  6. Remington597

My tastes certainly lie elsewhere, ie Faith Hill.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  7. SWC

SWC Former Guest

[​IMG]

and when you wake up in the morning after all those beers, Ms. Habib looks like...

[​IMG]

:eek: :D
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  8. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

I was listening to the radio ,and there is a guy that own 11 MacDonald’s ,when you pull up to the drive through your order goes to a call center five states away ,you sit at a table and place your order by phone ,anyway they think this call center will soon be in India also
  9. Remington597

If cows are worshiped there, ? will they be offended at people ordering hamburgers?