How neat is this thing

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by JLA, Jan 4, 2012.

1. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Probably should point out that the firearms pictured in this thread are Title-II (NFA) firearms that must be registered as short-barreled rifles. Making one as an individual would require filing the ATF Form 1 and paying the $200 making tax. These are not pistols, nor are they Any-Other-Weapon.

Definition of short-barreled rifle from Title 18 of the US Code:
    The term ''short-barreled rifle'' means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

We rebuild Century Arms Draco pistols to make sure they are right, add quadrail, sling attachment, muzzle brake and grip then coat in a variety of colors:

[​IMG]
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I like it.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

much better idea , or see Stonechimney , but dont chop the fin sheeeeesh
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Would yall dis-own me if i did?
  5. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I aint disowned ya yet even though you bleed

Attached Files:

6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I've shot several SBR's and they're an absolute thrill to shoot. I just can't see having the paperwork trail and trouble to have one.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its not that bad of a trail Worm. Just a one time tax of 200 bucks and a form you file on each weapon.

All they wanna know is if youre not a criminal and that you keep the weapons and never tranfer them to another person without their approval.

Other than that its no different than owning a regular rifle.

Goes the same for cans too.
  8. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

JLA you're just like the rest of us and love'em all! As far as the paperwork and the $200 bucks I say BS! Ain't right and don't make sense anyway. Feds can go jump in a lake! (Not exactly what I wanted to say)
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I agree. But it is what it is..
  10. H-D

H-D Active Member

I don't think the govt' has the right to tell me what to do with my guns but I don't want to go to prison either so I follow the rule of law, and the law says pay 200 bucks and do some paperwork
  11. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

I think (Stone; JLA; correct me if I'm wrong) that if you start out with a brand new receiver that has NEVER been assembled as a rifle, you can built an "XP100" type SBR LEGALLY, without all the ATF BS and the $200 tax. It would certainly require a lot more $$ than cutting down a $99 Mosin; we all know how expensive ordering a brand new action from any commercial manufacturer IS, but I suppose if you add the $200 you save by not contributing to the delinquency of the ATF, it might be "reasonable." I KNOW, I KNOW, the point of the thread was how interesting the Stubby Mosin is............just trying to point out one option for those that are inclined to built their own Xp100 type creation.
  12. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

You are correct. If the receiver has never been assembled and therefore manufactured as a rifle, it can be manufactured into a pistol. I don't know of any source for Mosin-Nagant virgin receivers, so any cut down version of that gun would be an SBR.

Virgin AK receivers are readily available commercially or can be manufactured from flats, therefore AK pistols are easily obtainable by converting parts kits. It's just easier (read - less expensive for the end customer) to upgrade an existing commercial AK pistol like the Draco and Mini-Draco.

With the amount of interest being shown in Mosin SBR's, I wonder if I should work up a couple. Could probably hit a price point of around $350 plus ATF transfer tax, maybe with a folding stock...