How stupid can we get?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Jan 14, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

This is a news story from the U.K. Our turn is coming for we have plenty of abject fools here.

Court warning on "racist pets"

22nd October 2004

Pet owners have been warned that they could be held responsible for the racist actions of their animals under Britain's anti-hate legislation.

This warning came after astonishing scenes at a English magistrates court earlier this week. "Trigger", a former brewery dray horse of some 12 years but who now entertains children who are able to pet him and ride on him at fetes and fairs was brought before the court for alleged racist behaviour, namely that on April 1st this year, "Trigger" did cause a racially aggravated assault by rearing up on his hind legs and throwing to the ground Ali Khan at a country fair at Follyton near Luton, Beds.
    "Rides for whites only" claim
    The court heard how the eleven year suffered some bruising but because "Trigger" had happily given rides to youngsters from the white English community at the fair only to throw off Master Khan, it was alleged by the prosecution that "Trigger" had clearly behaved in a racist and offensive manner, causing the Khan family to suffer low self-esteem and claims of being ridiculed following the attack. They sought compensation from the "Bedfordshire Equine Association for Retired Drays" for hurt feelings, and being victims of an unprovoked hate-crime.

Co-accused, "Trigger's" owner, BEARD's secretary, Major Brittan (Black Watch-retd) was called to the dock and provided evidence that "Trigger" was not a hater. With emotion in his voice the octogenarian major who had seen action in Tripoli during the Second World War said that the now notorious horse "loves all children", He suggested that a flash camera used by Khan's parents had caused alarm to "Trigger" by which he did rear up. "Trigger" had no intention of assaulting the young boy, he added and the accused had no idea about the ethnic origin of the riders who mount his saddle.

Tip of the iceberg

Mohammed Iqbal prosecuting, said that the news of the incident had appeared in the local newspaper and following the fair, other Muslim parents had contacted him with similar stories. There appears to be institutionalised racism within the equine world and he further suggested that retired shire horses are in particular prone to hate-crimes. Iqbal told the magistrate that "they (Shires) adopt an aristocratic English, arrogant and superior stance no doubt still thinking they live in a world of privilege, superior to horses of other races and contemptuous of those they view as being different".

(pic will be inserted when i get back home)

Happier days (taken- June 1998). "Trigger" (on left) in action working for his former brewery family masters.

He called on the bench to set an example to horses everywhere that such behaviour has no place in today's much celebrated and harmonious diverse society and that if any horse or other animal caused suffering to a member of society's ethnic communities, such action would not go unpunished.

Shock at sentence

The court was adjourned for lunch, after which the Magistrate Rebecca Rosenthal announced that the bench, following deliberation, had found Trigger guilty of racially aggravated assault and declining a custodial sentence due to lack of adequate Prison facilities for horses, she imposed 100hrs community service working in the Muslim communities of Luton until such racist behaviour had been eradicated and that a strong message of non-tolerance of hate behaviour was to be delivered to the equine world.

Awarding costs and damages of £8,500 to the Khan family for suffering from "equine hate", Rosenthal went on to say "Trigger's" advanced age was no barrier to punishment and she said she would be writing to the world-famous animal psychologist Dr. Doolittle who lives near Dunstable to initiate a "race awareness programme" among both working and retired horses who have contact with children.

She deferred verdict on Trigger's owner, Major Brittan pending background social and psychiatric reports.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That was the article

I have not found a printed follow up but Trigger was found innocent but his owner charged with the race relations act and fined $4000 ( 2000 pounds).
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I hope you're kidding.
  3. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

wow, after reading this I think the judge should be tied down and Trigger be coaxed into stomping her into kitty litter. Where are we going???? Allowing this is too sick for words..
  4. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

(said dripping w/ sarcasm) Yeah........ RIGHT!! :rolleyes: Dr Doolittle is the giveaway that the story is BS! ;)

SR
  5. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

liberal policies always make so much sense. hahahah
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I have to agree with SR on this one -
    I have searched as far as I feel necessary, and cannot find any UK source for this story, but only find it repeated on discussion group after discussion group, and NEVER with an original source quoted.

Add to that SR's contention that 'Doctor Doolittle', a fictional character, is mentioned in the story and I believe it is fake.

But my experience with many different animals over my lifetime shows me this absolutely COULD happen; animals WILL pick up on their owners feelings, and will develop similar tastes as their owners have. The woman-hating curmudgeon can own a dog that will not tolerate human females, for instance. I know of several people who have dogs that have developed racial preferences matching their owners.

But so far, to the best of my knowledge, no animal has been charged with racism -
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Not yet Terry but I can see it happening if we continue in this tack.

I would keep an eye on the 9th Circuit Court. I can see such a ruling coming from them.
  8. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Yea, the 9th Circuit would do something like this.
  9. artabr

artabr New Member

Dr. Doolittle, Dunstable, Major Brittan? :eek: :D

I think legs were being pulled with this one, but with the rate things are going it ain't that great of a stretch. :mad:

Art
  10. ARB

ARB New Member

I, can imagine that something like this will hit the courts, even if this is fictional.
    Then, all dogs and cats will be sent in for psychiatric evaluation because they exhibit anti-social behavior towards anyone other than family and friends.:rolleyes:;)
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Folks this may be a joke ,

I originally got this from the Broadarrow journal, the paper of a hunt club in the UK, ( hunt clubs are now banned)

i did some lookups on this and it links back to the BNP web site in the Uk but to thier "humour " page but no longer listed,

My apology to you all for posting this as genuine

It was my intention to post a number of such items , that put together showed how sharia law came to be recognised in the UK , but before posting the rest i'm double checking the factualness of all these articles.

As soon as i have done that, i'll post the ones i can prove via case law journals and dump the rest.

I'm sorry to post a dodgy item , and thank you for bring it to my attention

cheers

jack
  12. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Don't sweat it, Mate -

There is not a person that draws breath today that has not been taken in by SOME of the stuff floating around being purported as true -
  13. artabr

artabr New Member

Not to worry, Jack.
    Just a couple of days ago I posted a story about PETA that seemed like it could very well be possible, knowing the parties involved.
    Like I said in my post, at the rate things are going, especially in the U.K., this ain't that much of a stretch. Sadly, it would not surprise me if it turned out to be true.

Art
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010