How they voted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Jun 28, 2007.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes. Vote Counts: YEAs 46 NAYs 53 Not Voting 1

Alphabetical by Senator Name
    Akaka (D-HI), Yea
    Alexander (R-TN), Nay
    Allard (R-CO), Nay
    Barrasso (R-WY), Nay
    Baucus (D-MT), Nay
    Bayh (D-IN), Nay
    Bennett (R-UT), Yea
    Biden (D-DE), Yea
    Bingaman (D-NM), Nay
    Bond (R-MO), Nay
    Boxer (D-CA), Yea
    Brown (D-OH), Nay
    Brownback (R-KS), Nay
    Bunning (R-KY), Nay
    Burr (R-NC), Nay
    Byrd (D-WV), Nay
    Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
    Cardin (D-MD), Yea
    Carper (D-DE), Yea
    Casey (D-PA), Yea
    Chambliss (R-GA), Nay
    Clinton (D-NY), Yea
    Coburn (R-OK), Nay
    Cochran (R-MS), Nay
    Coleman (R-MN), Nay
    Collins (R-ME), Nay
    Conrad (D-ND), Yea
    Corker (R-TN), Nay
    Cornyn (R-TX), Nay
    Craig (R-ID), Yea
    Crapo (R-ID), Nay
    DeMint (R-SC), Nay
    Dodd (D-CT), Yea
    Dole (R-NC), Nay
    Domenici (R-NM), Nay
    Dorgan (D-ND), Nay
    Durbin (D-IL), Yea
    Ensign (R-NV), Nay
    Enzi (R-WY), Nay
    Feingold (D-WI), Yea
    Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
    Graham (R-SC), Yea
    Grassley (R-IA), Nay
    Gregg (R-NH), Yea
    Hagel (R-NE), Yea
    Harkin (D-IA), Nay
    Hatch (R-UT), Nay
    Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
    Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
    Inouye (D-HI), Yea
    Isakson (R-GA), Nay
    Johnson (D-SD), Not Voting
    Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
    Kerry (D-MA), Yea
    Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
    Kohl (D-WI), Yea
    Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
    Landrieu (D-LA), Nay
    Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea
    Leahy (D-VT), Yea
    Levin (D-MI), Yea
    Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
    Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
    Lott (R-MS), Yea
    Lugar (R-IN), Yea
    Martinez (R-FL), Yea
    McCain (R-AZ), Yea
    McCaskill (D-MO), Nay
    McConnell (R-KY), Nay
    Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
    Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
    Murkowski (R-AK), Nay
    Murray (D-WA), Yea
    Nelson (D-FL), Yea
    Nelson (D-NE), Nay
    Obama (D-IL), Yea
    Pryor (D-AR), Nay
    Reed (D-RI), Yea
    Reid (D-NV), Yea
    Roberts (R-KS), Nay
    Rockefeller (D-WV), Nay
    Salazar (D-CO), Yea
    Sanders (I-VT), Nay
    Schumer (D-NY), Yea
    Sessions (R-AL), Nay
    Shelby (R-AL), Nay
    Smith (R-OR), Nay
    Snowe (R-ME), Yea
    Specter (R-PA), Yea
    Stabenow (D-MI), Nay
    Stevens (R-AK), Nay
    Sununu (R-NH), Nay
    Tester (D-MT), Nay
    Thune (R-SD), Nay
    Vitter (R-LA), Nay
    Voinovich (R-OH), Nay
    Warner (R-VA), Nay
    Webb (D-VA), Nay
    Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Well, both of my 'crats voted "Yea." Surprise...(where's my puke emoticon?)

Pops
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Cochran (R-MS), Nay :) :)

Lott (R-MS), Yea :mad: :mad:
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Boxer & Feinstein suck! :mad:
  5. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

WOW, my snake-on-the grass Evan Son-of-a Birch Bayh who runs as a "Conservative Democrat" but then votes 100% liberal voted NO....:eek:

While my going senile snake-in-the-grass RINO " I should be President not Bush" LUGAR votes YES....

Go figure....
  6. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

Ohio's Rhino Don't cry for me Voinivich, and I'm a modereate Democrat Sherrid Brown both voted no! They both switched their votes to the good side!
  7. Indian Creek 1

Indian Creek 1 Member

So Mo, here is what Gene Taylor had to say about it:

GENE TAYLOR
    4TH DISTRICT, MISSISSIPPI
    COMMITTEE ON ARMED SERVICES
    CHAIRMAN SUBCOMMITTEE ON SEAPOWER AND EXPEDITIONARY FORCES
    COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
    http://www. hou se .gov/ge netaylo r

Congress of tbe United States
    House of Representatives Washington, DC 20515-2404
    June 19,2007

2269 RAYBURN HOUSE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON, DC 20515-2404
    (202) 225-5772
    FAX: (202) 225-7074
    DISTRICT OFFICES: 2424 14TH STREET GULFPORT, MS 39501 (228) 864-7670
    701 MAIN STREET SUITE 215 HATTIESBURG, MS 39401 (601) 582-3246
    2900 GOVERNMENT STREET, SUITE B OCEAN SPRINGS, MS 39564 (228) 872-7950
    527 CENTRAL AVENUE LAUREL, MS 39440 (601) 425-3905

Dear Albert:
    Thank you for contacting me about the immigration bill being considered by the Senate, S. 1348 the
    Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of2007.
    First of all, I am firmly against the provisions in S. 1348 granting amnesty to illegal immigrants and will vote against any amnesty legislation if it is considered by the House of Representatives. The Senate has pulled the immigration reform bill from the floor for now, but it may come up again in the near future. President Bush has stated his support for the Senate legislation, since it contains many provisions of his temporary worker program. I have consistently opposed the President's plan, as it basically amounts to an amnesty.
    The last time our country granted amnesty to illegal immigrants was in 1986 during the Reagan Administration. Back then, it was claimed amnesty would bring an end to illegal immigration. With the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the nation today, the 1986 amnesty was clearly a failure. It would be foolish and irresponsible for Congress and our President to repeat this mistake and grant yet another amnesty.
    Amnesty would only encourage employers to cut wages, eliminate benefits, and weaken workers' rights and protections. We cannot reward the immigrants or the ;,employers who haveĀ· broken our laws. Amnesty for illegal workers would only encourage more to come here illegally.
    Over the years I have voted to strengthen our borders from illegal immigration.
    Last y~ar I voted in favor of legislation that would: construct 700 miles of new fencing along our border with Mexico, require the Department of Homeland Security to gain "operational security" along the border, install surveillance cameras and other sensors. I also voted to fund an additional 1,500 Border Patrol Agents, increasing the total to approximately 14,800 agents.
    I support stronger sanctions against employers who hire illegal workers, especially those who have done so repeatedly. The Social Security Inspector General found that the 300 largest employers in the restaurant, service, and agriculture industries submitted 2,760,765 incorrect Social Security numbers over a three-year period.

Despite the prevalence of worker misuse of Social Security numbers in these industries, the government has not required these businesses to be more diligent in their hiring practices.
    I am working with my colleagues in Congress to expedite the process for employer's to verify the legal status of workers. If we can do a background check before allowing a citizen to purchase a firearm, then we should be able to quickly determine whether a person is legal to work in the United States. Once a quick verification system is in place I support dramatically increasing the penalties for employers who knowingly hire illegal workers.
    While many service, restaurant, and agriculture employers are reducing their wages by hiring illegal workers, some manufacturing industries are reducing wages by relocating plants to foreign countries. Mississippi has lost dozens of textile, apparel, paper, and other manufacturing plants because our nation's trade policies favor low-wage foreign workers and corporate stockholders at the expense of American workers. I strongly opposed NAFT A, the reduction of tariffs with Communist China, and other trade policies that have weakened our manufacturing base. A few years of cheaper products and corporate bonuses will not make up for the long-term damage to the American economy and American workers.
    The U.S. trade policies have eliminated many jobs and hold down the wages of the jobs that remain. Now, the President and other advocates of immigration amnesty would endorse the practices of employers who hire illegal immigrants to displace American workers and further push down wages. Our government should not base its economic policy simply on helping businesses find cheap labor at home and abroad. Congress and the President should focus on rebuilding the American manufacturing base and rewarding the skills of American workers. That is the key to our nation's prosperity and economic security.
    Again, thank you for contacting me. If I may be of further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Sincerely
    /~
    GENE TAYLOR /

Member of Congress
  8. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

I don't even have to look..i'm in the commie state of WA...i KNOW they voted yea
  9. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Indian Creek, sounds like y'all have a good man down there.