How times have changed in the past 20 years

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rommelvon, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

I was just sitting here thinking how bad the world has gotten in the past 20 years, it's amazing how nutty it's become...for instance

We didn't worry about getting shot going to school

Drugs are now made with stuff that cleans drains

The cold war is over and we now have a terror war

Terrorist took down the twin towers

our rights are being eroded slowly but surely

Big brother really is watching us these days

illegal immigrants get more help from our government than citizens do

you cant trust priests, cops, judges, teachers or presidents anymore

we have given God the boot from schools, courts and our lives

Kids stay so doped up on ritalin these days they dont know what real fun is

we are the first generation to live poorer than our parents

what can you guys add that has changed??
  2. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

We had bicycles and BB guns, kids now have video games where riding a bike or shooting a gun is "more real than the real thing". Please........

We all had a friend who was overwieght but he was still good at baseball. Now all the overweight couch potato kids have an "underweight" friend but he's in counseling and is being medicated to figure out what social stresses are causing his disorder.

We knew where our friends were at all times and could find them in an hour or less at the fishing hole, the swimming hole, the baseball field or the tree-house, simply by riding our bicycles to these spots. Kids now keep in touch with cell phones and pagers and only play together in online video games.

A gun used to be a gun. Now it's _________ weapon. Leave it to the media to fill in the blank with the latest buzz word.

Remember when people carried cash and it didn't take them forty minutes to buy a pack of gum when all you want to do is pay for your gas and get to work on time? And, no, the "pay at the pump" feature is broken and the strip on your card is damaged anyway.

Remember when a computer was a luxury, not a necessity? Example, to be a post secondary student these days you NEED a computer with an internet connection to apply to the school, register for classes, get notes (because they won;t be handed out in class, same goes for assignments), get your exam schedule, get your final grades, and apply to convocate.

Remember when all the fun things in life had not yet been banned for being "unsafe"? What right is it of the town council to put a fence across the edge of the cliff above the swimming hole just to try and stop me from jumping off? Congratulations, now I have to get stitches because I cut myself climbing over your stupid, sharp fence.

I remember having teachers at my high-school coming outside for a smoke at lunch,coming over to talk to our group of friends and seeing the cased shotguns in the back seat of my car. Their respnse? "Going hunting boys? I guess I won't see you in Math class this afternoon."

Finally, the music was a lot better.
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Most of the time I really think - -

"GIVE ME THE GOOD OLE DAYS, Life was simpler and a whole lot more fun !!!!!!"

Sure wish I had my Model "A" Roadster with rumble seat back......
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I found bailing hay in 100 heat tended to keep my weight down in the summer :D
  5. I grew up with BB guns, pellet rifles, .22s, and shotguns, and so did most all my friends. Funny thing, none of us ever got hurt, or anything even close, with such "dangerous" "instruments of death . . ." only the bunny rabbit population and the occasional sparrow. Nowadays, any kid who shows an interest in firearms is thought or judged to be sociopathic. :mad: