???how to add audio clips to posts???

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/16/01 10:32:07 pm)
    | Edit | Del All ???how to add audio clips to posts???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone know how to add audio clips to posts? a. if the ".wav" files are on the internet. b. if they are resident on my computer, can I upload them somewhere, for playback when the thread is displayed?

Thanks.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by: hammer4nc at: 9/21/01 10:41:55 pm

gpostal
    (9/22/01 10:43:31 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: ???how to add audio clips to posts???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hammer who ever sticks the audio in last overides the previous ones ,and sometimes mix

gpostal
    (9/22/01 10:48:05 am)
    i went into edit on your post ,how do you get the sound in ?

the wav that is playing was just a random one i put up ,dont think i am refering to anyone

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/22/01 12:24:20 pm)
    gpostal,

I put the embedded code into the custom signature...when I first tried to do it in the comment field I got the error message "embedded scripts and applets not allowed", you can see in the second posting. I'm not a computer expert; I found out how to do it by accident, through the EZboard help forum. One guy tells how to do it. Just copied the code verbatem, changing the source addy for different clips....from movie websites.

Right now, I'm hearing all three clips mixed together. The latest attempt to play a TV theme didn't work..I don't know why. Numnuts??? Them's fightin' words (hehe)

ps: I guess because you're a moderator, you can edit other people's posts, and you can override the switch that doesn't allow embedded code? Hope I'm not doing something against the rules??!!

Edited by: hammer4nc at: 9/22/01 1:38:20 pm

gpostal
    (9/22/01 2:14:10 pm)
    no hammer you are not doing anything wrong ,i went to edit to find the source of your player ,when i didn't find it i backed out

i was just curious as to why it didn't show up ,that explains it ,i put in my .wav just to show you how they override each other

when i put mine in i use a simple html format ,and i can change it from my post , i like they little audio player ,mine are anonymous

BGH228
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/24/01 9:25:57 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: ???how to add audio clips to posts???
    If the .wav files are on your pc you can use a msn community to up load the file and there is a code to use for posting not just in your sig. I have a big book of HTML somewhere and ill look it up for ya later...got nuttin else to do today its raining like cats and dogs out there.

Hunters Hideout - AIM - Email/MSN IM - QZMP

Vietnam Memories - The Firearms Forum

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/24/01 3:02:13 pm)
    I'm not sure what the problem is...but personally I don't like the audio in our posts... especially in a signature. I am running windows 98se on a telephone line and it takes (what I think is wayyyyyyyyy to long) to read a post.

IMHO

Zig