The Firearms Forum banner

How to customize your 1911 grips

Tags
192K views 706 replies 105 participants last post by  BlackEagle 
#1 ·
In this thread I will try to tell you how I do my work. I will be the teacher so to speak. I am sure there are a lot of you out there that know more than I do, but I will share my ways, as well as ask questions on your ways. I can always learn, you never stop learning. I have been customizing for many years and now am ready to give some of my tips to others. Below is a picture of a set of Cherrywood that is just plain beautiful. I stippled a design on them and finished with Tru-Oil. I will post new pictures for your enjoyment in the future. ENJOY THE BEAUTY.

See less See more
#503 ·
As always, you do extremely exacting work. You have a gift, and I always enjoy looking at your inlay work as well as the beauty of your grip-making. Keep up the great work, and welcome back from the ranks of the healing!:)

#506 ·
Here are some of my latest grips just before Christmas. The first 3 are KOA with 1/2 badlands and initials, they were built for one family.
The next one is of a inlay of the reaper skull.

Attachments

#512 ·
Carver sent me his smooth Olive wood custom grips he had purchased from me a year or so ago to have them kicked up a notch. I just put the finishing touch on them with the badlands swirl on them. Here is a picture of Carver's new look.
Carver, I will have them in the mail tomorrow.

Attachments

#513 ·
Nice as usual Carl. I always enjoy seeing your work. I wanted to post a picture of a set of grips I came across that I really liked and ended up buying. I thought about you as soon as I saw them and wondered if you have ever made any like these or not. I think they would sell. What do you think?

Attachments

#517 ·
Carver sent me his smooth Olive wood custom grips he had purchased from me a year or so ago to have them kicked up a notch. I just put the finishing touch on them with the badlands swirl on them. Here is a picture of Carver's new look.
Carver, I will have them in the mail tomorrow.
Them are pretty Carl! Can hardly wait to get them. Thanks!

#518 ·
I think your right on the woods Carl. Here is another set. I really think this would work for you...

Attachments

#520 ·
It may very well be too labor intensive. Just thought you might want to see them...

#522 ·
Another couple sets going out today. The punisher is a repeat customer that has 2 1911s one full size and one officers. These are for the Officers Model.
The Olive Wood is for a Chief Deputy in TX, his initials and badge number plus the inlaid cross.

Attachments

#526 ·
Carl,
As always your work rocks (especially in Ironwood). If I ever do my dream 1911 I'll be ordering a set of your black reaper grips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.