The Firearms Forum banner

How to customize your 1911 grips

Tags
192K views 706 replies 105 participants last post by  BlackEagle 
#1 ·
In this thread I will try to tell you how I do my work. I will be the teacher so to speak. I am sure there are a lot of you out there that know more than I do, but I will share my ways, as well as ask questions on your ways. I can always learn, you never stop learning. I have been customizing for many years and now am ready to give some of my tips to others. Below is a picture of a set of Cherrywood that is just plain beautiful. I stippled a design on them and finished with Tru-Oil. I will post new pictures for your enjoyment in the future. ENJOY THE BEAUTY.

See less See more
#596 ·
Here is a set I did for a customer that furnished his wife's cubic zerconia for me to set in the K on the grips. Now I'm not a jeweler so the stones are not perfect as far as spacing goes. But I guess this way you can tell they are custom made and not CNC. The grips are made of Indian Rosewood. Let me have some feedback, good or bad either way is fine, just let me know what you think of the design as a whole.
Very nice. You got skills!

#610 ·
Any one here in need of Carl's grips, don't hesitate to order them from him. Another satisfied customer here! Keep posting Carl, I love looking at them all!

#613 ·
A couple more sets of some nice grips, the photos are really bad, looks like I'm gonna have to take some time off and learn photography. The last photo is of a new material I have found, it is called Juma Snake, and comes in 4 colors, the design runs all the way through toe blank.
Enjoy!

Attachments

#616 ·
I guess I fall into a class of folks that like whit grips on a black, or stainless pistol! Anyway, I really like those Juma Snake grips, those are just so good looking, to me anyway!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.