The Firearms Forum banner

How to customize your 1911 grips

Tags
192K views 706 replies 105 participants last post by  BlackEagle 
#1 ·
In this thread I will try to tell you how I do my work. I will be the teacher so to speak. I am sure there are a lot of you out there that know more than I do, but I will share my ways, as well as ask questions on your ways. I can always learn, you never stop learning. I have been customizing for many years and now am ready to give some of my tips to others. Below is a picture of a set of Cherrywood that is just plain beautiful. I stippled a design on them and finished with Tru-Oil. I will post new pictures for your enjoyment in the future. ENJOY THE BEAUTY.

See less See more
#685 ·
what are your initials, and what kind of wood would you like, I will do you a drawing using some of the blanks I have in stock.
Thanks for the interest.
I'm free for a phone call anytime. 228-363-0702.
Initials are WNB.

As for wood, I'm not sure. Would probably need to be something darker since they would go on a stainless 1911. Coco Bolo, Cherry or Rosewood would probably look good. A slanted half texture with the initials running down the edge.

Thinking of either light blue, turquoise or black resin for the letters. I really liked the letter B you did on the walnut grips. (#5 in your gallery.)

This will probably be a project for a later date as I've already spent WAY too much on gun stuff lately. Just mulling over ideas right now.

#694 ·
Beautiful work.

#704 ·
I always enjoy seeing your work. Thanks for posting.

#707 ·
Awesome. Thanks for showing us your work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.