How to Get Suckered

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 3, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Kdubya
    (3/31/01 7:34:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All How to Get Suckered
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the story -

Someone named "CW" posted on GB's Want to Buy, asking for people to sell him discontinued Speer .308 caliber, 165 gr roundnose bullets. He posted several times and wanted them pretty bad - said they worked best for his type of hunting and his particular rifle.
    Knowing they weren't really a common item, every time I went to a gun shop, gun show or sporting goods that handled reloading stuff, I'd scour the counters for the bullets.
    Finally found ONE box at a gun store, bought same and hurried home to tell him the good news. Had to search the archives to find the posts, then had to wait about a week for him to respond to my notice.
    On Feb 28th, I sent my mailing address with the costs of the bullets (my actual costs) and the shipping costs. He responded immediately, saying "Good Deal, appreciate all the help, find more if you can". On Mar 9th, he e-mailed the funds were in the mail. I waited until Mar 30th (yesterday) to let him know 3 weeks had passed and I still hadn't received any funds.
    I have received no answer to my e-mail. Looks like I'll be eating a box of bullets I don't want or need.
    The costs is only $23 (tax included) and is not life or death to me, so I'm not whining about that - what frosts my buns is I go out of my way to help a fellow shooter and get it broken off in me.
    His e-mail address is: CWLONGSHOT@aol.com
    Would advise anyone else not to get tangled up with the gent.
    Maybe the store will take the bullets back and credit me for some powder or something. Bought several other items at the time and the sales slip is long gone. Ah, Well..........

Edited by: Tac401 at: 3/31/01 7:48:48 pm

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (4/1/01 9:52:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: How to Get Suckered
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the heads-up Kdubya.

Kdubya
    (4/8/01 10:07:17 pm)
    Well, I'm squared away! Mr. CW responded to my e-mail after a couple of days, saying his wife forgot to send the check (?). After re-sending my snail mail address, I got a money order yesterday, the 7th.
    His bullets are packaged and ready to be shipped in the morning. I'll be glad to get this episode over with.
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/9/01 10:37:58 am)
    Kdubya, Glad this worked out for you.

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (4/12/01 11:23:30 am)
    good deal Kdubya