How to handle a corrupt FFL holder? HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Artesia, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Artesia

Artesia New Member

One month ago my relative purchased a .243 rifle over the internet and had it sent to a local FFL holder. Unfortunately he made a mistake while filling out the paper work (yes/no question). The FFL holder would not let him fill out a new one which I understand is their right. Now they will not send the rifle back to the dealer so he can get his $400.00 back. The dealer was nice enough to call the local FFL and inquire about the gun being shipped back. They claimed it would go right out but they lied. The dealer has my relative's money and the FFL holder has the rifle and will not send it back. What force can be brought upon the local holder. We really need some wise input here. If anyone out there has some authority I'll give you the FFL holder's phone number. Thanks for your consideration. :(
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

BATFE folk probably would be interested in this, as it might constitute theft (diverting property or goods to ones own use.) Whether you wish to involve those folk or not, you might write a letter to them, including name of FFL, name of dealer, serial number, description of gun and what happened. Take this letter into the FFL and hand it to them, saying, "This is your copy. I'll be mailing this next Monday." I've found that this tactic (never had to use it on an FFL) seems to wake up people to the conseguences of their actions.

Pops