The Firearms Forum banner

How to make your grandson grin?

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Maine04657 
#1 · (Edited)
Give him some bullets!!

Got a flyer that had one of these, fully transferable, for about $7800....The UZI, not the boy!:D

Dont know if I want to go through the hassel and jump through the hoops when I can always check one out at the range....but Im sorely tempted...
The UZI has always been one of my favorites...and my grandsons too..

See less See more
#2 ·
If I had to jump thru all that red tape to own one, and if I had $8,500, it would be the micro UZI.

Attachments

#4 ·
Unfortunately, Jack, we can't own one that has been made since May of 1986. That's why a 800 dollar Uzi costs 8 grand. That's why a 1300 dollar MP5 costs 20 grand. Can't get a new one, and the prices on the old ones just keep going up.

#7 ·
Chill, John...It was a set-up photo-op..:D He gottem on fore the shootin' commenced...:D

#9 ·
*chuckle* .... Duke, you should know me better than that by now .
Just figured I'd say it before one of the "PC" types started screaming about "child abuse".
you beat me to it by this much//

#10 ·
Unfortunately, Jack, we can't own one that has been made since May of 1986. That's why a 800 dollar Uzi costs 8 grand. That's why a 1300 dollar MP5 costs 20 grand. Can't get a new one, and the prices on the old ones just keep going up.
When i was looking at them back in 2002 they were $1,100. DANG it i knew i should have bought one!!!!!!

#12 ·
Give him some bullets!!

Got a flyer that had one of these, fully transferable, for about $7800....The UZI, not the boy!:D

Dont know if I want to go through the hassel and jump through the hoops when I can always check one out at the range....but Im sorely tempted...
The UZI has always been one of my favorites...and my grandsons too..
7800 bucks? By the gods! You'd pay maybe $1500 for that where I'm from >.<

#13 ·
7800 bucks? By the gods! You'd pay maybe $1500 for that where I'm from >.<
You can pay less then that here. However getting caught with it her in the USA means jail time. We have to buy a tax stamp or it is not legal here.

The price for that uzi is a bit high you can get one for 7 grand or less. For that price you shoudl be getting a suppressor with it. Offer up 6 go to 6.5 but 7 would be the highest I would go unless it is new or almost new. As with other firearms of the FA sort the UZI can be caliber converted with a few parts so you can shoot multiple calibers out of the same gun.

#14 · (Edited)
I'm suddenly reminded of the incident at Westfield Sportsman's Club...
Yeah, that was the one where the kid accidently killed himself with a full-auto Uzi...
major sadness...and totally avoidable...

I LOVE full-auto firearms...used 'em for quite awhile, but I'd still not let anyone under 18 handle a full-auto firearm...
saw enough idiots who were over 18 screw up with 'em in the Army...so they'd have to be Extra-Trustworthy before getting their hands on one...

#15 ·
I'm suddenly reminded of the incident at Westfield Sportsman's Club...
Yeah, that was the one where the kid accidently killed himself with a full-auto Uzi...
major sadness...and totally avoidable...

I LOVE full-auto firearms...used 'em for quite awhile, but I'd still not let anyone under 18 handle a full-auto firearm...
saw enough idiots who were over 18 screw up with 'em in the Army...so they'd have to be Extra-Trustworthy before getting their hands on one...
Yes because placing a arbitrary age requirement is always the way to go. My daughter could use any of MY mg's at 12 and was better trained at 12 then most adults are. The second does NOT list age!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.