HOW TO SELL A RIFLE

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by cbuds522, Dec 11, 2011.

1. cbuds522

cbuds522 New Member

Hi everyone! Im new here and just getting into the world of shooting and guns. Well i bought a home some months back and found two guns in a closet. The first being a Remington model 31 pump action shotgun Made in Aug 1947, the second is a Remington woodsmaster 740 30-06 rifle. I am looking to sell these, and wondering where or how do i go about it? i live in Southern California (if thats makes a difference in selling them). I would appreciate any and all help thank you very much.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Both of your shotguns are over 50 years old, which means that they are exempt from registration in California. They can be sold to any legal law abiding adult resident without having to go through any paper work. That being said, Californians use a special website to sell firearms to each other. You can list your guns for sale on calguns.net at no cost to you.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011