how to sell brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JasonS, May 28, 2012.

1. JasonS

JasonS New Member

nice, I bet you dont have pictures of that!

The trash cans here were full of soda and bees lol.

Actuly the guy next to me got a bee in his mouth from his soda can lmao, didnt sting him.
  2. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

I'd say half it for au natural
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The local indoor range sells the fired range brass for 10 bucks a hundred. They are one of those ranges that doesnt allow reloads or steel or aluminum. you have to check in your ammo with your gun or buy/rent thiers. I never shoot there having my own range but 10 bucks a hundred is cheap when the same hundred costs me 20 or 25 at cabelas new in package, so I do buy brass from them, as well as powder and primers.

And pistol brass doesnt wear out like rifle brass does. Ive got .45ACP that ive had for nearly 10 years thats still getting reloaded and shot.
  4. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

It is shiny and gold-like in color. :)
  5. medalguy

medalguy Member

I do a lot of watching and looking for good brass prices, and the best I've found lately is about $5 per 100 for .223, but I do see lots of it selling/being offered for $8 - $10 per 100.

I personally don't ever buy polished brass. It's just too easy to hide all kinds of problems when you polish brass. Buying uncleaned brass allows me to see exactly what the brass really looks like. You can take the absolutely worst, darkened, filthy range pickup brass that's been in the dirt for a year and tumble it in steel pins, and have it come out looking like brand new factory brass. But you really know, deep down inside, that brass was very dirty to start with, and I don't want to spend top dollar on that kind of brass.

I agree, offer it at a reasonable price, and you'll sell lots of it. Hey, go ahead and pick up the Berdan primed brass too, and toss it in a scrap bucket. It's worth about $2 a pound as scrap, and believe me, that can add up quickly.