1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

How to store revolver for accessibility?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by dwgunfan, Jan 5, 2008.

1. I still think claymores and S-mines work more effectively. :D;)
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Carry 24/7 Thunderware :D
    If I can't reach one from where I am sitting I bet I could if I laid dow or stood up, from ANY place in the house.
  3. martbo

martbo New Member

>>>>OSHA can take a flying leap at a rolling donut as far as I am concerned. <<<<

Hey Pistol, I learned a valuable lesson while in the US Air Force. When a pilot screws up and just before he crashes, 99% scream 'OH SH**' Well the US Government needed a bureaucracy to mess with people, they wanted to use the same phrase but with political correctness, they decided to name it O SHA* instead.
  4. dwgunfan

dwgunfan New Member

Hi, everybody. I wanted to thank you all for the advice - I ended up getting a small gun safe with an electronic combo lock. I have found I am able to gain access to my gun in under 3 seconds - good enough for my peace of mind. Also, I took a safety course, and had the good fortune of taking my wife and daughter along. They both enjoyed the experience, and my wife is even planning on practicing with me! (Of which I'm glad -- she could be practicing on me! :) ) We'll be joining a local shooting range for regular practice very soon.
  5. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Glad to hear that. Sounds like you've made the correct strart, with safety training first and practice coming soon. Remember to practice regularly, as proficiency can fade quickly.
  6. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Very glad to hear.

I'd wondered what you'd decided. It sounds like you've done great. Safety, involving family, planning practice...all the good stuff.

Keep us posted and don't be a stranger. :)
  7. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Good to have another member from the Moscow on the Willamette area.