1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

How would you prefer it ended?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alex.cirabisi, Jan 3, 2012.

1. alex.cirabisi

alex.cirabisi Member

SO 2012, happy New Year everyone. Dont ya know its the last year of humanity? Of all days they say is the last, I guess his 12/21/12 is the "Real Deal" for the end of world predictions, and how the world ends...... Well there are just SOOOO many ways it could happen. From the Undying Zombie fad ( see what i did there :D ) , to a nuclear holocaust, a giant asteroid ( which i dont see happening cuz we got nukes and would see it coming probly) to rapture.

What way would you prefer the world ended if it did indeed end?

I personally would prefer the whole zombie thing just because that seems the most survivable. All you would need to do is set some good defenses, have a place to plant crops, and a renewable water source such as a stream or creek.
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

The world isn't going to end. The Mayans based their calender on the Sun. The Sun crosses the Celestial Equator on December 21, 2012. If anything, the tilt of the Sun will change, and that will reverse the seasons sooner or later. So our summer will be in like January, December, etc and winter in the summer months.

I don't think anything will happen. Politicians will probably use it to push global warming myths and other junk.
  3. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've always felt that the World won't end, but that Civilization will. I believe that the cause will be some sort of micro-biological mutation, man-made or natural.

Up beat question for only the 3rd day of the new year.
  4. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

Oh it's going to end alright! Stock up on supplies NOW!!
  5. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    According to the ancient Mayan calendar, next year's winter solstice marks the end of a 144,000-day cycle. This cycle, which begins at the mythical Maya creation date, has already been repeated 12 times. The 13th will end in 2012, capping a full 5,200-year Mayan cycle of creation. Then we will start the 12th cycle.

How do I prefer that day end, I prefer it to end with all the bone head 'End of the worlders', dropping dead in their tracks. Their friends and families get to split their worldly goods and we get more resources for the rest of us. :D
  6. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Its on a friday, I prefer to end fridays with a cold beer
  7. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

Nice thinking, I guess I'll be sporting a beer hat with 2 mini kegs attached and walking around all day dual wielding aK's
  8. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Skip the silly hat, put the second gun and others in a gun rack close to hand, gather some congenial friends, load up on targets and ammo and enjoy yourself all day long. Do enough shooting and the fecal matter brains will stay far far away from you. That beer will taste better at midnight as you toast the start of the 14th cycle. :AR15firing:
  9. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Obama will be throned.
  10. alex.cirabisi

alex.cirabisi Member

Eh i dont believe any of that bull that the world will end. But we all have probably thought about it at some point in time, that if the world, or civilization were to end how it would happen. I personally think that governments will fail and civil wars will happen before "the world ends".

In a grim and dark sorta way I only ment it for fun :bleh:
  11. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

If we are sure the world will end, you know, about 3 months before the end of days. we could declare open season on liberals. A case of beer for each hide you bring in.
  12. raven818

I think you could get it done cheaper than that.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

me ? i'm betting there'll be a trumpet call and soon after i'll be catching up with some old mates i aint seen in a while ... a long way from here ... as for when ?? i dunno
  14. raven818

I don't give much thought to folks I've known who have gone on. Maybe a flaw?

I do think about being surrounded by my pets, once I get where I'm going. There's been a lot. And I'm looking forward to it.
  15. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

LOL i think it has started! we here in OHIO just finaly got cold! and normaly we see snow in Nov. its the first of Jan. and we just seen our first snow thats stuck to the ground.