How's that gun ban Chicago?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Rocketman1, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g29sxjz468HOdP4KFW0FWUNXIOoQD9GGLJ7G0

>Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley defended the city's handgun ban Tuesday after a spate of shootings that left 10 people dead and dozens wounded, saying the violence bolsters the city's argument that the 1982 ordinance is needed.

>"Look at all the guns that shot people this weekend. Where did they come from? That is the issue," Daley said at a South Side high school Tuesday.<

Man I realy feel sorry for any of you that live in Chicago. Where in the heck does the Mayor think the guns came from? He thinks just because he made a gun ban in the city it will take all the guns of the street?

This is a prime example of the ignorance of some of our public officials. You would think they would learn.
  2. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Oh, they "learn" alright ! Just don't confuse Daley's agenda with public safety ! His "ban" is about two things:
    1. He's "feeding the crocodiles.....
    2. Tyrant's can't feel truely empowered until they've suppressed every last vestiage of self-reliance among the ruled !!

He's planning to "thumb his nose" at SCOTUS, anyway. He's already soliciting mayors of other countries to join in a suit in the World Court ! Obviously, the man's seriously irrational.... >MW
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ridiculous. 'Bad guys' are not going to turn in guns, for fear that they will be found out.

A woman was shot in the face while driving her car in Minneapolis the other day, not far from a gun buy back event. Not sure if the event was advertised, I would not have known about it if I had not read the story of the shooting.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

He should sell his coat and buy a gun.
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Daley's and those whose behavior mimics his is not rational folks. To attack him and say that he's stupid is irrational. He's not. None of them are. Their intent is to create an environment rich with gun crime and then highlight only the gun's involvement. There's no intention to rationally compare and contrast surrounding areas' crime rates where guns are readily available to anyone who can legally possess a firearm. That kind of debate would be fruitless for their goal.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

The citizens of Chicago should recall that moron. Isn't it the Declaration of Independence that says you're supposed to reform the government when the old one doesn't work anymore? You couldn't pay me a million dollars to live in Chit-cago.