HR 22 special 9 shot .22 cylinder

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Helix_FR, May 14, 2011.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Anyone got one with the ejector they would like to part ways with? I have one but the lugs on the extractor are damaged so the cylinder won't range properly.
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Thanks Jim, I have to call them to confirm that it also includes the ejector which Im sure it does since they are fitted.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

You're welcome, buddy. Let us know if you have any success (or failure) with Numrich. Lots of people looking for H&R parts these days. Hell, I'll bet half of my H&Rs are worth more in parts than as whole pieces. :eek:
  5. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

My favorite H&R top-break revolver is by far the .22 Special. I thought I'd enclose a picture of a few in my collection. The one on the bottom is actually a model 766 small-frame, but I lump it in with my .22 Specials.
    BTW, Helix_FR, I looked through my parts, and I couldn't come up with a cylinder for you. (no, you can't have one off of one of these):D:D
    Old Gun Guy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Old Gun Guy,
    Very nice set of 22 SPECIALS.
    That's a very nice example of the "TARGET MODEL" you have there. Haven't seen more than maybe 3 or 4 of these - I have one in about 80% condition with most wear on the cylinder - your's look much better.
    Do you by any chance have a 22 SPECIAL in .22 WRF?
    IMG_0336_2.jpg

IMG_4673_2.jpg
  7. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Jim,
    Thanks for the compliments on my .22 Specials. I don't have one in .22 WRF, but I 've got my eyes peeled for one. I do have a nice cylinder for the WRF .22 Special. I guess that's a start!
    Old Gun Guy
  8. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Make sure it's marked this way:
    View attachment 47204
    I've seen one that had the correct marking on the right barrel but had the wrong cylinder on board - HEY, maybe you have the cylinder for that GUN????
    LOL
    The .22 WRF pieces are supposed to be rare - "common" knowledge says somewhere around 200 were produced. ALSO, the Early Sportsman was supposed to have some examples chambered for that round - I've never even seen a picture of one of those.
  9. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Helix_FR,
    If your 9-shot cylinder is still in good shape, you only need to find an extractor for it. I realize that the cylinder and extractor are a matched set from the factory. However, they don't have a locating pin on the cylinder to match up with a hole in the extractor. I have found that it is pretty easy to find an extractor that will work with your cylinder because of the fact that we're dealing with a pentagonal shaft that gives you 5 chances per extractor to fit.
    A good example of what I mean is shown in the following pics. I have a 7-shot .22 special cylinder complete, and a .22 Special WRF cylinder that is missing the extractor. These pictures will show the extractor fitting both cylinders. I hope that maybe this will help you.
    Old Gun Guy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Yep thats all I really need is the extractor but I can't find a source for just the extractor. I can fit it if needed but extractors alone I can't track down. :)
  11. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

Never had one of these but a top break .22 revolver makes a lot of sense if you want to dump and reload in a hurry.
  12. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Helix,
    PARTS GUNS may be the only current source. But then, you don't see too many of these in "parting out" condition. Good luck!

HKS makes 9 shot speed loaders that fit the 22 SPECIAL and SPORTSMAN cylinders. I have about a half dozen - but have never used them - don't know why???
  13. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The .22 LR extractor can be fitted to the .22 WRF cylinder, but I don't recommend the reverse as you can get bulged cases.

Jim