HR 45

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ALD, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ALD

ALD New Member

I may be a little late to this topic, but I did not see it anywhere else

HR 45 scares the hell out of me

If you have not heard about it google HR 45

It is called H.R. 45:2009-2010 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
    Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
    Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
    Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
    Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
    Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.
  2. alhefner

alhefner New Member

Kind of old news. It has been sent to committee and is projected to die there for this session. You are right to be wary though.
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I hope this steaming corn-filled pile of liberal legislation does die in committee. But even if it does, you know they'll revive it at the next available opportunity.:rolleyes:

ALD, this has been posted before, but it's a great feeling to know that others are also on the lookout for craptacular Democratic nonsence like this. I thank you for being vigilant. And welcome to the forum.
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Very nice verbiage. I like the way the images flow from your lovely descriptions!! :D :D
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

:D:D:D
    Why thank you.:D:D:D I do fell my description is fitting as this crap comes spewing forth from the X-Lax Adminstration.:p:D
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

He forgot to mention that said poo smelled like burnt pumpkin innards.... LOL

mike
    gn