Hsc holster

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Kestral, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Kestral

Kestral Member

Aquired an Hsc today which had been hidden away since end ww2.the pistol is in quite good order except for the spare mag,and the base of the mag that was still in the pistol.The holster however is very dried out and dirty,so would appreciate any ideas on how to restore the holster without spoiling it further.Thanks in advance for any replies.

Attached Files:

2. Monkey Hollow

Monkey Hollow New Member

I cleaned up that very same holster for a friend a month ago.
    His father acquired an HSc in the service and he inherited it.
    It was in far worse condition than yours, being covered with mold and very dried out.
    I started with a damp soft cloth with saddle soap, then followed with more cloths with warm water to clear off the saddle soap.
    I let it dry overnight, then gave it several light applications of light neatsfoot oil.
    It turned out better than expected. My friend thought that It was ruined when he gave it to me, and didn't believe it was the same holster when I returned it to him.