Huldra Rifles

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by 3/2 STA SS, Sep 7, 2012.

1. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Any one have a Huldra AR style rifle? I am really interested in the 5.45X39mm version and they are piston driven....anyone?
  2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

3. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure all of the Huldras use the Adams Arms piston system.
    Quote from the website:
    It's the short (carbine length) piston system instead of the mid-length version. I'm not sure if there are any merits or demerits to either one as I can't seem to find many guys online that have reviewed them and there aren't many locally.

Our local Fleet-Farm hasn't had any 5.45x39 ones on the shelf whenever I've been checking them out. Just 5.56
    I'm eye-balling the 5.56 carbine version but I'm still on the fence whether or not I want to buy or build. I do like the way the Adams piston system is put together.

One guy locally here has the 5.56 carbine. I haven't shot it yet but he's been saying that it's been a reliable rifle. Not much of a review or recommend, but that's the closest I've come to one so far besides fondling them at the store.

Do you guys have Mills Fleet Farm stores down there in FL or are you buying online? My understanding is that Huldra is a Fleet Farm store-brand.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I will have to go on line thru FFL. No stores in FL...;-(
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

6. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

3/2,
    Not sure if you've already got a lower built or not, but I've been seeing several places that have the Adams uppers on sale this month also. The 5.45x39 carbine for around $600 and the 5.56 carbine just a bit lower.
    Fleet-Farm has em on sale this week but Midway has em all month too.

Otherwise, if you've got a good pricetag on complete Huldras would you mind sharing a link?

I've been looking at just buying the upper since I'm not really all that impressed with the base model Huldra lowers. They're just the typical basic AR lower.
    I'd like to use the Huldra Elite lower for the few extra features they've got...but maybe building my own lower with similar pieces.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

The information I got was straight off their website...just Google it.