Human Psycology...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Sep 6, 2005.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Picture this...

You're looking for a certain kind of gun in your favorite gun store. You want new, but they don't have one new... but they have a used one that is sooo new that it doesn't have any scratches, dings, or anything wrong with it appearance wise. Even the factorys funny colored lube is still on the rails and such.
    Seems someone bought it and traded it back almost immediately. Less than 20 rounds is what the store owner is claiming. And judging by the lack of any wear and tear on the barrel, that has to be about true. A pristine new that cannot be faked !!!!!!

Unfortunately, my mind is susceptable(sp)? to thinking there has to be something wrong here... NOBODY is stupid enough to buy a $750 pistol and immediately trade it off with less than 20 rounds on it ??????????
    Did it not function properly, thats what i keep thinking. Maybe something little, but still disfunctional... it haaaas to be ??!!!!

Has anyone else ever felt this way. Maybe passed by a good price because it just seemed "too good" ??

The gun in question was a Sig P220. I love Sigs, and the 220 is a darn good gun. It was $100 less than new price. It should have been a good deal, but my mind started playing tricks on me... I could'nt do it. Plus, i like new very much. I've only bought 2 firearms in my life that were used. Both were good deals and worked great. No bad experiences with used, i just didn't feel right about it. If only it had had a scratch or something...

What do Y'all think ???

mike
    gn
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

It is not all that uncommon to find firearms traded back in, sometimes even unfired. First case, someone recommended it, person had no way to test it for hand fit or even if he would like it----he doesn`t--it doesn`t. AND number two, some people buy guns and lightly use them, then put them away forever.....then decide to unload them(sell) AND the third, the gunshop owner couldn`t keep his hands off a nice firearm and popped a few rounds off just to scratch the itch!

LTS

ps. ask for 150.00 off
  3. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i think the person bought it & didnt shoot it. my mom did that w/ a gun, heck ~ we gave my dad 1 for his bday in dec. & i'll bet that thing hasnt seen 20 rounds yet!

the gun i'm referring to w/ my mother, she bought it about 8 or so yrs ago & it's been shot 4 times i think (4 actual rounds, not 4 times out w/ target practice).

does that gun come w/ a warrenty of any kind?
  4. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Buy it. I once brought a Smith&Wesson semi-auto 4006 along with another pistol with money my wife did not know i had saved up. The mini van we had at the time broke down and we did not have the money to fix it. To make things worse she found the receipt for the gun in my wallet. I had these gun for only one month. The Smith I had only shot 20 rounds through it,I had to take a $200 dollar loss for it for a quick sale [ouch]THe gun still looked 100% new, talk about bad luck. Now I am older and wiser.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

YEAH, HIDE THE RECIEPT BETTER NEXT TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :mad:

Oh, that hurts...

mike
    gn
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

oooh, now that does make sense. It has to make sense or it drives me nuts....

It still could have been defective somehow. I've traded a few brand new guns that just would'nt cycle right. A Colt 1911 comes to mind.... :rolleyes:

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about trying one again. I don't think I will buy anything less than a Kimber. I hate unreliability. If it don't work "out of the box"....it gets traded immediately !!!!!!!!

mike
    gn
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I once owned a glock for about 4 hours and 50 rounds worth. Traded it back for a 1911! Best trade I ever made! ;) :D :D
  8. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

If its a P220 then its most likely 45ACP (??). Some people who are recoil sensitive think they want one and find that the recoil bothers them. This is typical of newbies who read all the books and think they have to have a 45ACP gun only to find the recoil intimidating. But it can happen to an old hand too. A friend who is a pellet gun and 22 competitor got a 1911. Now this guy could win his local matches with regularity but you should have seen him shake when shooting his 1911, anticipating the recoil. He sold it almost immediately. He also had to sell his Browning Over/Under and revert to his old Winchester semi-auto shotgun due to his adversion to recoil. This guy is no meek little guy: he was at least 300 lbs at the time and has hands that make mine look like kids hands. It has to do with a mental thing.

I say inspect it. Ask for the story (dealers lie so take it with a grain of salt). If it is OK, buy it. I have a Browning version of the Sig P220 and I love it.

LDBennett
  9. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Now that was a smart move 1911's rule :eek: :D ;)
    I bet I just started the pot stirring
  10. Deputy Dawg

Now that is just NOT RIGHT.
  11. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

I bought both of my Kimbers used and I'm not one bit sorry. Got good deals on both and they've got a home for a long time to come.
  12. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

LOL, Nope! Rick fired the pot up. you're just stirring beside him! :D

Crpdeth
  13. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Gloknutz,

Try a Springfield or something besides Colt. Their Series 80 wasn't that reputable for liability or quality.

I know, I bought one but try not to talk about it. Both of my Springfields work great and are real comfy in my mitts.
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

IPT... if you ever get roids, make sure you use the Prep H sparingly !!!! We wouldn't want you to completely dissappear..... :eek: :D :rolleyes: ;)

mike
    gn
  15. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I've heard some folks have to tinker with their springfields a little bit to make them right...
    I have absolutely no tollerance for tinkering at all. If it ****'s up in the first 100 rounds...its gone !!!!
    Thats why i like Glocks so much. They don't mess up. Stovepipes due to limp wristing are almost nonexistant, in fact i only remember one...no two in the 45acp Glock 21 that i owned. I think i had somewhere short of 20k rounds through that pistol.... ??

Anyway, i dunno. I'm still thinking...

mike
    gn
  16. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Mike,

Most of the tinkering on 1911's is because the owner wants to,and it's so easy to do. Also,there are aftermarket parts available and most of them are not too costly.

Even a cheap 1911 can be turned into a reliable pistol with just a little time and effort.....plus it's fun.

Hmmmm..............1911nut..........it sounds nice doesn't it IPT. :D :D :D
  17. lead

lead Active Member

People do this all the time. My local shop sold a NEF Handi-Rifle in 204Ruger on a Monday, the guy traded it back in the next Monday, unfired.
    I bought a Henry Goldenboy last winter that a guy got as a Christmas present. He wanted a .22mag, his wife got the .22l.r. He traded it in unfired and I snagged it.
  18. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yup, shooter45, sounds good to me. GlockNUT just isn't in his prime unless he can try to disrupt a 100 year old design. He now has glockGOD and Deputy Dawg to back him up. Hard to imagine a good Texican backing a glock! We'll change his mind sooner than later. Just gotta draw him back into the fold! Good person, none the less!

GlockNUT has too much gas to think clearly! As all that gas seeps into his cranial cavity, it unleashes $h***y thoughts! :D :D :D :D :D :D
  19. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Mike, had mine operated on twice so far. I find it gets rid of those trying to hang on for dear life explaining why glocks a great! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SPROING
    There goes another glock trigger pull!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorta reminds me squeezing a dead fish! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D
  20. Deputy Dawg

Hey glocknut here is a thouht, the 1911 has been around for 100 years and they are still tring to fix it to make it reliable. i know glocks trigger will never be as crisp or light as a tuned 1911, bit they work the first time and ever time right out of the box!!!!WITH ANY KIND OF AMMO,not just FMJ. When the going gets tough the tough get a GLOCK for reliability. GLOCK RULES, but the 1911 is a close second. I should have never brought that Remington- Rand 1911 because i kinda like it.I feel like I am caught in the middle and the walls are closing in, help me glockNUt. By the way I am 100% TEXAN.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2005