1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hunting areas

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by robman2629, Oct 15, 2012.

1. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

Agree, our wardens have completely changed. They've become the nitpick police.
  2. robman2629

robman2629 New Member

Yes, and no one wants to trade doe permits into this area either! haha. Ive seen so many deer just traveling through south portland, scarborough, and bow only westbrook. Are there any restrictions in the windham/sebago area? Ive tried to look it up but couldnt find anything.
  3. Sandman

Sandman Member

This is why I posted my land. I hunt it myself and don't want anyone else hunting it, but would have no problem with people fishing the ponds if they took care of it. Unfortunately, they do not, so a gate went up. There was so much trash all over the property that after seven years I am still finding litter. Not to mention the stolen game camera, etc. However, if someone came and asked me and promised to take care of it, I would probably give them a shot. Instead, I have people trespassing while I am there! It never ceases to amaze me when the gate is open, and my truck is visible, and people will just drive on in like they own the place.
  4. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

Generally no. There might be some specific plots that have a local restriction of some sort, but as a general rule all areas in Windham and Sebago are subject to state laws regarding hunting. It would be very tough to hunt anywhere in South Portland or Westbrook. I'm sure some deer are taken out of people's back yards, but you're not "walking the woods" in Westbrook or South Portland.