1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hunting in Africa

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by ducky, Jan 23, 2006.

1. ducky

ducky New Member

Have any of you ever hunted in Africa? My father, brother and I are planning a hunt in Namibia for the near future and I'm curious as to others' experiences out there. We're looking to go for plains game, primarily. Every outfit I've looked at with the exception of one or two puts the guests up in 'luxurious accomodations', but we're looking more for a tent atmosphere with more spartan accomodations. If any of you have been there and have recommendations on a good outfitter to go with, I'd appreciate the input.
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I don't have any input to offer.... congrats on your upcoming trip, though! I hope you guys have a great time! Be sure to take lots of pics!
  3. ducky

ducky New Member

Thanks SoMo! I intend on taking lots of pictures, lots of video and keeping a good daily journal.

I've decided on my 2 gun setup I'm taking out. While it's not primarily a 'hunting rifle' per se, I've wanted one for a couple years now and I'll be ordering my Blaser LRS2 in .338 Lapua for a medium caliber. I can use this after the fact for the long range target stuff I want to do more of.

For a heavy caliber, I think I'm going to get a Blaser R93 Synthetic Safari in .416 Remington Mag.

My father's got his heart set on hunting Kudu and Leopard, and while I wouldn't pass up the chance on either of those, I think I'm gearing more towards Waterbuck and Impala. We don't know what my brother's plans are, aside from the fact that he's definitely going. Communication is sporadic with him right now though, since he's currently in Iraq with a PMC.

I'm sorry for the rambling. Even with all the planning my father and I are doing, I still can't contain myself and feel like telling someone.. :)
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Sounds great, ducky. I covet your opportunity. Hope you are successful in all that you wish to do.

May God be with you and yours for a safe trip.
  5. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Hope you have a great time ducky, how about taking some of us along Like myself .
  6. Best of luck on the hunt, ducky. But just remember, if a really pissed off Cape Buffalo charges you, it would be well not to miss with that .416 Rem, else the soup de jour might be "duck."