Hunting Pistol????

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by ryan_marine, Oct 28, 2006.

1. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

I second the single shot Contender. You can get any caliber (almost) from 22 rimfire to 30-30 or even 35 Remington. Plus you get accuracy only S&W/Colt/Ruger owners dream about. Pistol not enough? Then install a rifle stock and rifle barrel in a large choice of calibers including 30-30.

Was it Teddy Roosevelt that said to never take a stick to a gunfight, or something like that. I am sure shot placement is important but clean kills are too.

LDBennett
  2. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT New Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Potential Newspaper Report........

Anchorage Alaska......

Mr. Bennet's 1st & only shot did not fatally wound the charging grizzly........:eek:

fornately his guide dropped the huge beast with multiple shots from his .44 Magnum.........:D
  3. Bill

Bill New Member

Just gotta add my 2 cents worth. The Super RedHawk 44 Mag would be my pistol of choice for 75 yd Deer Hunting. I have mine equipped with a Millet Reddot and I love it. The 44 mag is so versitile with different loading.
    Bill
  4. sctman800

sctman800 New Member

Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull comes with 1" rings and you have the option of shooting 45Colt. If you handload you have wild to mild and anything in between. Jim.