Hunting story

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by swanshot, Oct 4, 2004.

1. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

Ken (my mate) and I were going fox hunting on a farm 100 miles north, at place called Moora.
    The farm was my contact, so the trip was mine and Ken was the guest (them's the rule in Aus) It was all set. I had 4 days off work an it was all go.
    Day one: set out, pickin up Ken on the way. Tanked up the deisel patrol on the way. CONTAMINATED BLOODY FUEL. She died. No phone. begged the use of a phone at a tyre place to call a tow truck. Tow truck driver couldn't find me. An hour later begged the use of said phone again. called tow truck again, this time he found me. Arrived home and threw all the gear into the Subaru. Called ken and explained, it was still on, but now we're running three hours late. Pick up ken and go like the clappers for Moora. Get a speeding ticket.
    Arrive at farm just on dusk. set up camp. Now dark. sit around fire telling lies for a couple of hours the sack out.
    Wake up to a sky that is grey from horizon to horizon and a fine, ice cold rain.
    can't make a fire. Breakfast on muesli bars and water, then set out to see what we can find. Nothin!!! the bloody animals have got a damn sight more sense than us. Decide to give it best and go home.
    Two miles from town the Subaru blows a head gasket. Cold, wet, and gently steaming we curse our fate. Nobody in town can fix it. the tow truck (only one in town) Won't tow us home. Call a guy at Bullsbrook (about half way between us and home). he comes and get us four hours later. It's now dark. We are cold, tired, hungry, and very-very pissed off.
    Finally get home about 10pm. The lovely Mrs swanshot has a migraine. Not one bit of sympathy from that court!! Ken has to call His wife to come and get him, and I face the prospect of waking up in the morning to no less than two dead cars.
    Got tired of walkin around the house bangin my head on the walls screamin "WHY, WHY, WHY", and dragged my sorry arse off to bed.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Ah yes....the joys of a hunting trip! :D

Someday you'll laugh about all of this (but probably not right now).

BTW.....how the heck did you manage to blow the head gasket on a Subaru? I've got two with more than 220,000 miles on the clock, and nary a bit of trouble.

(But.......I've also got a Mini....which only manages a couple of hundred miles between tows.... :rolleyes: )
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Not the best sounding hunting trip.
    Better luck next time.
  4. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

This is my third Subaru, and the ony one I've had the least trouble with. Generally speakin i love em, but this one I'm begining to have doubts about.
    And mini's--- ahhhhh God----I love em. My first car (legal one that is) was a mini, and my second, and then I really cut loose and got myself a Cooper S
    Never in all my born days seen a car that tore out tyres so fast.
  5. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

I would be tempted to change the title to "Hunting with Murphy" :D :D
  6. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

Yeah, I've had better days
  7. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

SQUIRREL CAMP!!!" In the morning, day one of ten, buried Chevy`s and all...........ain`t Subaru a guy thing????????

I LOVE IT!!

LTS
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Tree rats forever! Might need a submarine ta git back there though! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D