husqavarna cal 270 ? $

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fast freddy, Aug 20, 2003.

1. fast freddy

fast freddy New Member

i have recently purchased a husqavarna 270 bolt action i was wondering if this gun was worth anything and who makes this gun.i all so own 1919 winchester side by side 20gauge.i was wondering if it was worth anything.both guns are in good shape.i paid $200 for the 270 and $50 for the 20gauge.tanx. :) :D
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Freddy......welcome to TFF.

Your Husqvarna was made by Husqvarna, in Husqvarna, Sweden. They'd been making high quality firearms for almost 75 years, and then got out of the firearms busines in the late '70's/

I can't give you an exact figure on the value of your rifle without knowing which model it is, but depending on the model:

Exc. - $400 to $675

V.G. - $300 to $550

Good - $275 to $475

Looks like you got a bargain.

On your "1919" Winchester SxS.....I'm a bit confused here.

From 1879 to 1884, Winchester imported shotguns from England, but they were only available in 10 or 12 guage.

The next Winchester SxS listed is the Model 21, which was sold from 1931 to 1988, from 12 ga. thru .410. It was made in so many models and grades, it would be impossible to list them all here.

If you can give a complete description of your shotgun.....including all of the writing on it, barrel length, any engraving, etc., I'll try to give you a ballpark estimate of it's value
  3. fast freddy

fast freddy New Member

husqvarna i have some more info model

i have some more info about my guns first my husq the only thing that is marked on my gun is.husqvarna vapenfabriks
    a.b.270 winch.
    i think it is poss from the 640 series poss m#2104f.
    second my sXs 20 gauge i made a boo boo it is a 1915.the only thing that is marked on the gun is ranger so i assumed that it is by winchester.i hope that this extra info helps u.and me in my
    quest for some more info on my guns.and poss $ value.
    tanx fast freddy.:)
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Welcome to TFF, Fast Freddy.

We hope you will join us often and post often. We have a very congenial bunch of folks that are always helpful and well versed on the ins and outs of firearms, reloading and etc.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Your "Ranger" shotgun is not a Winchester. Ranger was a tradename of the Sears, Roebuck Company and was used on a wide variety of firearms marketed by that firm. It was probably made for Sears by the Eastern Arms Company.

Depending on condition, value could be from $50 to $150.

If you're thinking of shooting it, be sure to have it checked out by a gunsmith. Around the 1915 era, some shotguns were still being made for blackpowder and are not safe with modern loads.

On the Husqvarna......I don't find a 640 series listed in any of my books.