Husqvarna 270 Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jwilder, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jwilder

jwilder New Member

I bought a used Husqvarna 270 rifle a few years ago. The barrel has HUSQVARNA VAPENFABRIKS A.B. 270 WINCH on it, and the only number I see on it is 144100. I'm not sure how to determine it's model number. I paid around $440 for it used. Does anyone have an idea of what it's worth now? I can send a picture if needed. I'm thinking about buying a new rifle, and if I should keep this rifle or trade it on the new one. It's a nice looking gun and I just cringe every time I rub it getting in a tree stand or walking out a door.
  2. dz302

dz302 New Member

Sorry I'm replying to your question late as I just found this site.
    I also have the same rifle...different serial number obviously.
    My dad bought the rifle 40 years ago for $45. Over the years he took many deer and moose with it. He eventually handed it down to me.
    The rifle was not drilled and tapped for scope mounting, so I brought it to a gunsmith in Winnipeg, Manitoba to have this done.
    When I went to pick it up, he asked me if it was for sale. For sentimental reasons, I told him no, it was my dads. He then said that he'd trade it for anything that was in his display case ( he had a very well stocked case)
    When I asked him what the gun was worth, he said that at that time...15 years ago...that the rifle was worth around $1600.
    I know you asked your question 2 years ago, but I hope you kept the rifle.

Jake
  3. oxman1256

oxman1256 New Member

I have the same rifle #140739 appraised this year at 1350.00 with a 3-9x32 Duplex scope.
  4. sbhva

sbhva New Member

It's worth about the same amount as you paid for it, depending on the condition. It is a model 640 which uses an FN commercial model 98 action with barrel, stock, and finishing done by Husqvarna.
  5. wally

wally New Member

I also have the same rifle. It has been drilled and taped . I bought bases and ring for it ( weaver 46-55 ) but they are not the correct ones. The scope is approx 1/8 in higher than the rear one. Can you help me out?
  6. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I'd buy a different set of rings.:D