1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Husqvarna 270 Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jwilder, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jwilder

jwilder New Member

I bought a used Husqvarna 270 rifle a few years ago. The barrel has HUSQVARNA VAPENFABRIKS A.B. 270 WINCH on it, and the only number I see on it is 144100. I'm not sure how to determine it's model number. I paid around $440 for it used. Does anyone have an idea of what it's worth now? I can send a picture if needed. I'm thinking about buying a new rifle, and if I should keep this rifle or trade it on the new one. It's a nice looking gun and I just cringe every time I rub it getting in a tree stand or walking out a door.
  2. dz302

dz302 New Member

Sorry I'm replying to your question late as I just found this site.
    I also have the same rifle...different serial number obviously.
    My dad bought the rifle 40 years ago for $45. Over the years he took many deer and moose with it. He eventually handed it down to me.
    The rifle was not drilled and tapped for scope mounting, so I brought it to a gunsmith in Winnipeg, Manitoba to have this done.
    When I went to pick it up, he asked me if it was for sale. For sentimental reasons, I told him no, it was my dads. He then said that he'd trade it for anything that was in his display case ( he had a very well stocked case)
    When I asked him what the gun was worth, he said that at that time...15 years ago...that the rifle was worth around $1600.
    I know you asked your question 2 years ago, but I hope you kept the rifle.

Jake
  3. oxman1256

oxman1256 New Member

I have the same rifle #140739 appraised this year at 1350.00 with a 3-9x32 Duplex scope.
  4. sbhva

sbhva New Member

It's worth about the same amount as you paid for it, depending on the condition. It is a model 640 which uses an FN commercial model 98 action with barrel, stock, and finishing done by Husqvarna.
  5. wally

wally New Member

I also have the same rifle. It has been drilled and taped . I bought bases and ring for it ( weaver 46-55 ) but they are not the correct ones. The scope is approx 1/8 in higher than the rear one. Can you help me out?
  6. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I'd buy a different set of rings.:D