Husqvarna 30.06 Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by PMB1956, Sep 10, 2011.

1. PMB1956

PMB1956 New Member

I have my father's rifle, which has the number 210456 on it. It's a very nice Husqvarna 30.06. I'd like to know the value. Anyone?
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

PMB1956,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Lots more info will be needed to ID then value the rifle. Model #? Barrel length? All markings found on the barrel and receiver? Condition of metal parts and separately the condition of the wooden parts? Any thing special? Got some pictures that you can post - that will help tremendously.???
    Right now, with the available info - your rifle is worth some where between $200 and $2500.
  3. PMB1956

PMB1956 New Member

On the top of barrel it says "Husqvarna Vapenfabriks US" and on the side, where the number "210456" is, there is a crown symbol over the word, "Nitro." It has a 28 inch-long barrel. It also has a Weaver K-4W micro-trak scope. I will try to get some good pictures of it. Hope this helps some.

The wood is in pretty good shape; the metal is as well although you can see it's been used. The leather strap is still in good shape too.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If it's a bolt action, which I'm presuming it is because of the caliber, with that serial number it was made in 1956.

Husqvarna is an excellent gun, that few people in this country seem to know anything about. All they know of is motorcycles and chain saws.

Because of this they do not have a lot of resale value. Generally they will sell for three to four hundred, even in the best of shape.
  5. PMB1956

PMB1956 New Member

Thanks. That's very helpful. It is a bolt action. It is a well-balanced gun. Thanks again.
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

I don't often disagree with my friend Alpo, but here in Eastern PA - where semi-auto rifles are not legal for hunting - the dedicated rifle hunter/ users know Husqvarna rifles well and in .30-06 is a desireable chambering. I've seen a couple of these in "hunted" condition sell for over $500 in various big game chamberings. I guess, in this case, value is highly dependent upon location.
  7. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Jim is right--I bid on one in .30-06 a couple of years ago in Orange Virginia that sold at an estate auction for $600. It had a 4x weaver scope and I'm guessing it was from the 1950s. Beautiful weapon, I didn't win it.