Husqvarna dbl barrel 16 ga

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jeff7498, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jeff7498

jeff7498 New Member

I purchased this about 15 years ago from my Grandpas neighbor who said he brought it from Sweden in the 30's? I got it for $250 I have no clue what it is worth. Does anyone have any knowledge about Husqvarna shotguns? I do not see a serial number on it. It is beautiful shape. Thanks in advance for any help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That's a model 17. If you pull the barrels, you can find the model number and the serial number stamped on the watertable.

[​IMG]

You are aware, aren't you, that the gun is chambered for 2 9/16" shells - not the modern 2 3/4"? The modern shells will fit, but because they are shorter they will not open up completely when fired. edit: lemme re-write that sentence. Because the chambers are shorter, the shells will not open up completely. Using the same pronoun too many times in a sentence can be confusing. end edit. Because of this, instead of the shot going down a .663 hole in the end of the shell, it is going down about a .550 hole. This increases pressures and recoil dramatically.

You have three options, shooting a short-chambered gun.
    1) find the correct shells (or load them yourself) You can get them here, but they are not cheap. http://www.ballisticproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G1625GHF286

2) have the chambers lengthened. A good shotgun smith should be able to do that, fairly cheaply. You can buy the reamers and do it yourself, but the reamers and measuring gauges you will need will run you over a hundred bucks.

3) shoot 2 3/4" shells in it, putting up with the excessive recoil, until it comes apart on you, one day.

I chose option one, and make short shells.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

4. jeff7498

jeff7498 New Member

Thanks Alpo! Any idea what it might be worth?
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

They run around 300 dollars. They might have been worth more, 15 years back, but a whole bunch of 'em came in, through SARCO, about 8 years ago. I was buyin' 'em for 150 bucks.
  6. jeff7498

jeff7498 New Member

Thanks again.