Husqvarna hammer shotguns

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by greyphase, Jun 10, 2010.

1. greyphase

greyphase New Member

Anybody out there shoot a Husky hammergun? I've bought several 16 ga.'s recently and am having a ball shooting them. Two Model 20's and a Model 17 with the Lefaucheux underlever action. Have already sent one to Mike Orlen to have the forcing cones lengthened and the chokes opened. Plan on carrying them this fall as I hunt grouse and woodcock behind my Ryman setters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I've got four 12s and three 16s. Love 'em. One of my 16s has 70cm barrels, instead of the standard 75. When I first picked it up, I thought it was a 20, it swung so easily. Freyr seems to have had this "factory" gun custom-fitted to me.
  3. greyphase

greyphase New Member

Hi Alpo

Any pics of your guns. Are they top levers or underlevers?
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Mine are all 20s and 17s, except one of the 16s, that's a 51. Damascus from before 1884. Ain't got very good pix. Some action shots, from a cowboy match, me, my daughter and son-in-law. I outfitted both of them.

Me in the middle of a reload with the long 16. Her with the short 16. Him with my first one (and the only one with lengthened chambers), one of the 12s.

Attached Files:

5. greyphase

greyphase New Member

Hey Alpo

Looks like your havin' fun with your Huskys too. Was going to make a comment about your daughters coat until I saw she was wearing a six-shooter:eek:. Some things better left unsaid:D.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

When you play cowboy(girl), you gotta go all the way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]