1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Husqvarna Rifle .270

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ajensen, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ajensen

ajensen New Member

I was just given a Husqvarna Rifle .270 and I am having a lot of trouble finding out more about it. I would like to know the model number, value, and the year it was made. I have looked everywhere online, but nothing is helping. On the top of the barrel it says Husqvarna Vapenfabriks AB.270 winch. On the side of the barrel the serial number is 136802, there looks to be some sort of crown at the end of it. There is also another crown where scope mounts would go that says Sweden underneath it. Here are some pictures. Thank you! :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Made in 1952.
  3. williamd

williamd New Member

Husky made several models of rifles. Yours appears to be a Series 1000 Super Grade based on Monte Carlo stock and jeweling. Came with open sights. Blue Book sez around $400-450 ... but don't sell it for that! These are very good rifles.

I have two Husky's and have had several. None as old as yours and none on a "true" Mauser action [I would guess yours has had a safety lever update]. I currently have one on a Husky HVA action [near true Mauser but does not have the roll over safety] and one on what I will call a Carl Gustaf action. Both superb in metal and stock. The Gustaf action is one of the smoothest I have ever used - due to bolt lugs being 'dove tailed' with receiver. Also, have a couple of Smith & Wesson rifles built by Husqvarna, one in 243 and one in 30-06. 243 is a Gustaf action and has fantastic French Walnut, 30-06 is HVA. You don't hear much about these S&W's but they are nice.
  4. dianalv

dianalv New Member

He's right. Don't sell it for that. Sell it to me for $200.00. I'll pay shipping.
  5. 9 fingers

9 fingers New Member

And I'll give you $300! Swedish steel was and probably still is the best in the world and the Huskys are superb firearms. Never sell it...except maybe to me. I have a 30.06 from 1971 and it is a fantastic rifle.
  6. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Hey 9 Fingers, I was doing just fine until you butted in. You already got one!

Just ignore him, Ajenson. He wasn't serious anyway. I am!
  7. williamd

williamd New Member

Ok, I'll add it to mine at $400 ... and pay the shipping!
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Well, looks like my offer of $98.47 won't get any takers :(. Just as well. I don't need another caliber. Pretty gun, though. It'd go good with my other nine Huskys.
  9. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Well, fine then!:mad::(:confused::confused::eek:

Didn't know I was starting an auction. Guess I've already got two .270's anyway. :p
  10. Oohrah

Oohrah New Member

I also have a Huskie that I can't find much information on. Imported by Tradewinds and is in a 7mm Remington Mag. I'm sure the value is marred somewhat by the orginal owner putting an old Saturn type muzzel brake on it Model H 5000. Bore is excellent with exterior blue at 90 % Some wear of finish on the floorplate (Aluminum). Couple of minor stock dings. No rust anywhere.