Husqvarna Vapenfabriks 220 Swift

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by pottercountyman, Dec 21, 2009.

1. pottercountyman

pottercountyman New Member

Hello, I was recently given my great grandfathers 220 Swift and a Winchester Pre 64 Model 70 .243. I know what the Winchester is worth but I cannot find anything about the Husqvarna. Can anyone give me an idea of what this would be worth and possibly how old it would be? It has a very old Weaver scope on it as well.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Give the serial number of the Husky, and we can date it for you.

Nobody, in this country, seems to be aware that Husqvarna made guns. They hear "Husqvarna" and they think of chain saws. Even though they are excellent guns, they have little value, here. 400, maybe 500, tops. And, of course, it depends on the condition.
  3. pottercountyman

I'll get the numbers this evening. Thank you
  4. pottercountyman

5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

1952. Husky bolts, SN 132000 to 150000.
  6. pottercountyman

Cool, previous value correct?
  7. sbhva

sbhva New Member

The value depends on the condition and if it is the standard model with a beech stock, or a higher grade with a walnut stock. The .220 swift (if original factory chambering) adds to the value over .30-06 or .270.
  8. pottercountyman

Oh, cool. Maybe I'll post a picture. It is in very nice condition and I believe it has a walnut stock. Everything on the gun is original as far as I can tell.
  9. Telcotech

Telcotech Member

Those would be a couple real nice rifles....in very popular calibers also!!
    IMO that "Husky" is a fine rifle indeed..Yr's ago when I was in the USAF stationed in Michigan.....a close friend had one in 30-06 with a 2.5X7 Redfield on top and at 200yrds.... she was dead on!!! nice fit and finish also..that 220 Swift is a hot one, though.... more then likely it wasn't shot much.

Do you handload?
    those 2 caliber's are fun to work up differant loads for....the .243 has a wide range to work with, and the Swift can be tammed down from factory loads and still give impressive results!!

LUCKY YOU!!

Take care of them, enjoy 'em......then pass them down to the next generation...

TT