HydraShox issues with Springfiel 1911 Loaded?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by WildcatFan, Oct 27, 2009.

1. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

I believe I read somewhere on here that there is an issue with chambering an stock 1911 with this ammo. Have you noticed an issue with it yourself?

I have a Springfield Loaded 1911 and read that this stock model wouldn't have an issue chambering hollow points, CD rounds, etc. Do you have experience to disprove this? If so, any idea of what Springfield would charge to open up the chamber to facilitate easier chambering?
  2. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I have a "loaded" 1911 and have had no problems with any ammo so far. I have run several different hollow points and ball ammo with no jams or hiccups. Good luck and enjoy a fine weapon.

Armydad
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

if your feed ramp and barrel throat are smooth you shouldnt have any problems feeding anything. I have been assembling my own 1911s for some time now and always find the most difficult bullet type to feed into a 1911 is a truncated cone shape (hornady TAP). if your pistol doesnt want to chamber the round have your feed ramp polished and lowered a bit. magazine tolerance is also a huge factor in 1911 pistols as well. make sure they are snug in the mag well and the feed lips arent cracked or bent.
  4. techoca

techoca New Member

I have a Springfield Armory Loaded with 2000+ rounds; I have never had a feed problem with Federal Hydra-Shok or any other brand. I do however recommend the use of Wilson Combat magazines. The stock SA magazines are complete junk; if you use this gun for defensive purposes then you owe it to yourself to use reliable magazines.
  5. davem

davem New Member

i have a new loaded and it feeds anything, ball, hollow pt , lead semi wad cutter. the only problem i had was with lead the ext. od was a little tight and wouldnt close the slide ,a pass thru a lee carbide factory sizer/crimp die solved that problem. love my springfield loaded.:D
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

wilson combat mags are superb...