I am an American

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by bizy, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Doug, I accept your explanation, and agree up to a point. It is, after all, the Left Coast, and the home of some Very misguided people. I would like a list of the "more American States" as you put it. Maybe someday I'll be relocated and I'll want to move to a good spot. TJ
  2. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

Ron did have some good ideas....and if just prior to voting time he had enough support to have been competitive in the race then I may have voted for him. A week before the election I had a Ron Paul worker call me and ask me to vote for him...this was my response
    "At this time Ron as absolutely no chance of winning...it is currently between Obama and McCain....and Obama is now slightly ahead. A vote for Ron would not only be a wasted vote, but it might as well be a vote for Obama. Instead of calling me and asking me to vote for Ron, please call all of your supporters and ask them to vote for McCain. Ron sides more with McCain than with Obama and by asking the supporters to vote for him at this point is going to hurt the country".
    ...and obviously it did....I have to wonder if the outcome would have been different if all that voted for Ron had voted for McCain.
  3. new308handloader

I'm with you bizy...this is how I feel. I'm not sure what it is going to take to keep them, but as long as I'm alive I will keep them.
    I believe the intent of the 2nd Ammendment was to ensure the people had the right of self defense AND to prevent the government from becoming tyranical.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

You're still so negative. How about this: "I have to wonder how the outcome would have been different if all that voted for McCain had voted for Ron."

Now that's something that we would have been able to smile about.
  5. new308handloader

You are right...I can be open minded and look at it that way. I think everyone on TFF believes we would be better off (as far as 2nd Ammendment rights) if McCain or Ron Paul had won instead of Obama. But, what's done is done.
  6. Doug.38PR

Doug.38PR Member

Well, the very fact that McCain lost because of all the people that voted for Paul or some other third party or just stayed home should tell you something about how wasted YOUR vote for McCain really was. Not because he lost, but because people are so tired of trusting in a party that talks out of both sides of it's mouth and is, when it comes right down to it, is as bad as the Democrats.
    If I had to make the same choice again, I would vote for Paul again

TeeJ9,
    List? Well, let me just say regions. I've never lived there, but from what I know the Western Mountain States would be real American (New Mexico and even Colorado is starting to go downhill with all the sewage that is moving out there from Mexico, the Northeast and Kalifornia). The Southern States (avoid South Florida and any of the big cities like Houston, Austin, Dallas, Atlanta, New Orleans, etc.) and....Alaska. Avoid the Northeast, Midwest and, as you know, Left Coast. A better list would be to look at the election map of 2000. Avoid blue states and counties. Seek red ones
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  7. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Good enough, Doug. I would avoid, as I have all my life, any and all big cities. I got a laugh out of "South Florida!" That's a "roger" on that. OY! I enjoy sparing with you, and hope that you take my comments in the spirit that they are meant. I really do know some fine people here in SoCal, and it really was rural when I moved here. Now, not so much. It does bug me that the place is over-run with imbeciles. TJ
  8. Doug.38PR

Doug.38PR Member

What ever happened to California? You know, the state that gave us Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Ronald Reagan? (before it became Kalifornia)

Someone was talking to my dad a while back how when they lived in Austin, TX 50 years ago, it was a good ol' Texas town (you know, the kinda men that grabbed guns out of their vehicles and helped keep Charles Whitman pinned down in the UT tower), when he came back in the 1970s...it was a Kalifornized and is to this day.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  9. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member