I am looking to buy a Makarov, HELP !!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

yzingerr
    (4/4/02 6:51:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All I am looking to buy a Makarov, HELP !!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking to buy a Makarov, HELP !!
    I want to buy one in 9x18 and good-excellent condition. I want to know the specs on them (weight and dimensions) and what you all think about them. I hear tons of bad and ood on them. ALSO, can someone help me find one in the country for the best price?? (let me know where you got yours and for how much) What is the best country of manufacture? THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE INFO GUYS !!!

TDMR
    (4/6/02 8:09:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I am looking to buy a Makarov, HELP !!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Makarov.com is a very good informational source. I've owned several MAKs, most generally the E. German is regarded as the best. The Bulgarian is also very good as is the Russian. The gun auctions have some for sale ranging $135.00 to 250.00. From my experience, they are very accurate and reliable with good ammunition.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/6/02 8:14:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: I am looking to buy a Makarov, HELP !!
    Welcome Aboard TDMR!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/6/02 10:41:49 pm)
    Just received a flyer with "new unissued" Maks. 9x18 Blued, 2-8 round mags, 2 sets of grips and holster/w/mag pouch. LTS
    T.F.F.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/6/02 10:57:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: I am looking to buy a Makarov, HELP !!
    And what were they selling them for LTS?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/7/02 7:37:42 am)
    starting at a $1.00 and no reserve

U Da' Man, LTS

mashaffer
    (6/8/02 5:22:02 pm)
    I have yet to hear from a Mak owner that didn't love them. Everyone I have heard claims unimpeachable reliability and quite accurate.

Bulgarians are probably the best deal. Russians and E German are both C&R eligable and thus usually cost more. Most wholesalers such as SOG usually have some.

Mike

Jacklaura1
    (6/16/02 1:58:04 am)
    While all East German Makarovs are C&R, NOT ALL Russian made units are eligible. Only Russian Military units made in the old Soviet Union are C&R