I Am Making The Big Jump!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxxxxxl, Nov 4, 2006.

1. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

I am giving my 2 weeks notice on Monday. We are moving back to Texas and I am going into business with a partner. We are scared, but I am tired of working 70-80 hours plus a week making other people wealthy. Time to give my family the lifestyle and attention they deserve. I don't want the kids to say " I wish daddy would have worked a few more hours" when I am dead and gone. My decision is based on neglecting my family for the last 8 years and my wife being extremely vocal about it the last 3 months. I would much rather be poor and loved than wealthy and forgotten. Wish me luck, please!
  2. All the best 6xl! Yeah, starting over in another place is always scary, and it also takes guts, but the rewards can be tremendous. As the Romans said, Fortuna fortes adiuvat, "Fortune favors the brave."

Best of luck! :)
  3. lead

lead Active Member

As an old boss told me years ago, "You can beat your head against the wall for 25 years and a week after you've left they'll hire someone else to replace you. But your family will never replace you. And they are the ones who will carry your memory into the next generation."
    Best of luck to you:D
  4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

best of luck and may God bless your venture- welcome home:)
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I owned my own business and worked for myself for over 20 years. I loved being there for the family and making my own (bonehead) decisions and loved working with my clients.

That said, I will NEVER work for that SOB again. :D

Pops
  6. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

The best of LUCK!
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

That's the truth of it, and you're a wise man for making this choice. Good luck!!
  8. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Sounds like it will be a good change
  9. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

BEST wishes for you and yours in the new adventure.
  10. JohnBuehler

JohnBuehler New Member

All the best to you. I have owned my own business for the past 12 years and I couldn't go back to working for a big corp again. Remember one thing, when the good times come, save like a squirrel on crack, the bad times may be just around the corner. If you never see the bad time you will be stronger than ever and if you do see them you will be prepared. - John
  11. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

Good luck. You won't regret it down the road, no matter how things play
    out. I passed up an opportunity years ago and decided to play it safe, and often wonder how it would have turned out and regret not taking
    that risk.
  12. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Good Luck, Sir!
  13. Tac

Tac *TFF Admin*

Yep,

Family first, above all!

Best of luck!
  14. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Best of luck and keep us informed as to how it is going just because you move don't mean you have to leave here!!!!
    Ron
  15. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

I definitely won't leave here. I figure on days when I have no business and no clients to go and see I will hang around here or the range. I have already e-mailed Outdoortexas and told him to expect me to come by the shop.

One thing I can say is that all of our family and friends in Texas are very excited about our return.

I would also like to say that the people up here in Oklahoma have been very nice and friendly. We have some neighbors down the road that are the best. We sure will miss them.

I did my best to convert as many people as I could to the Texas Longhorn way of life. That has been hard. They love a little team they call OU.:D :D